iOS 8.2 change log leaked, release next week

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Rafagon, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Yeah. Saw that this morning. Still no indication that the Safari bugs have been worked out.

3. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Really hope to have jailbreak soon too . Cant wait anymore !! Its suffocating for me on 8.1.3 without jailbreak.

4. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

5. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Its doesn't

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

It does work for me. Anyone else verify? @Napoleon PhoneApart , thanks.

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The link works.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It works fine in the United States. Your region might be blocking it.

9. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Check this out : ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1425653191.965353.jpg

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

#10 Europa, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  11. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Apple has officially unleashed iOS 8.2, and it focuses mostly on the Apple Watch, as expected per last Thursday's leak.

This article offers links to the .ipsw files, for those whose fancies are tickled by that kind of thing.

Final change log:

This release introduces support for Apple Watch, and also includes improvements to the Health app, increased stability and bug fixes.

Apple Watch support
    • New Apple Watch app to pair and sync with iPhone, and to customize watch settings
    • New Activity app for viewing fitness data and achievements from Apple Watch; appears when Apple Watch is paired
    • Available on iPhone 5 and later

Health app improvements
    • Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for distance, body temperature, height, weight and blood glucose
    • Improves stability when dealing with large amounts of data
    • Includes the ability to add and visualize workout sessions from 3rd-party apps
    • Addresses an issue that may have prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID
    • Fixes units for vitamins and minerals
    • Fixes an issue where Health data wouldn’t refresh after changing data source order
    • Fixes an issue where some graphs showed no data values
    • Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance and flights climbed

Stability enhancements
    • Increases stability of Mail
    • Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
    • Improves stability of Music
    • Improves VoiceOver reliability
    • Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids

Bug fixes
    • Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
    • Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn't autocorrected
    • Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
    • Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
    • Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on device
    • Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
    • Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
    • Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
    • Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom recurring meeting to drop from an Exchange calendar
    • Fixes a certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
    • Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
    • Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as 'Busy' after accepting an invite

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

12. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Anything about the Freak Attack thing? No patch for that? Or was that a non issue?

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

#12 Ledsteplin, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Maybe it's a covert bug fix, like all the Safari fixes I don't see on that list.

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

And another non deletable app to hide in my unused folder. It's not even listed in settings, so no idea how much space it takes.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

15. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Don't jailbreakers have access to the file system? Maybe they can get the file size for us… As soon as 8.2 is jailbroken, that is.

Not only is the Watch app undeletable, it has an ugly app icon to boot. At first glance it looks like a handcuff.

16. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

iOS 8.2 takes care of the FREAK bug… It isn't mentioned in the change log but it's mentioned in this support document (on the Secure Transport bullet point):

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204423

17. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Well, I'm disappointed to learn that Apple has shoved not one, but two apps related to the Apple Watch into iOS 8.2. The second app is hidden, and shows up only when an Apple Watch is paired with the iPhone, reports Macrumors. It is called "Activity," according to iOS developer Hamza Sood (follow the link to see screenshots). Interestingly (but beside the point), this developer's screenshots show a black UI, something that could look good on iOS some day, at least as an option.

At first, I thought the one Apple Watch app couldn't be that big, so no big deal; I'll forgive it. Now it has come to light that it's not one, but two apps dedicated solely for a peripheral device that many have no interest in owning. And there is no way to show their size. In three or four years, maybe 50% of iPhone owners will also own an Apple Watch. At that point, I could understand forcing two undeletable iOS apps onto everyone.

But for the 80%* of iPhone owners who won't buy an Apple Watch during its first year, the Apple Watch companion app is just an indelible eyesore on the home screen (or tucked away in a junk folder) along with Apple's other undeletable apps we have no use for. It feels almost like a pop-up ad you can't get rid of.

All together, these unwanted apps add up to what? 500 MB? A gigabyte? As iOS swells with unwanted apps, those people who wanted to sue Apple for advertised but unsuable space suddenly don't seem so crazy to me.

*My unscientific guess

#17 Rafagon, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  18. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Can't wait for the day that the iPhone will stop working if it doesn't sense a paired watch LMAO

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can delete them or just hide them if you jailbreak. The more useless apps Apple forces us to look at every year (I can still see them in a folder), the more certain I am that I will always have to jailbreak.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

You can put it in a folder and move it to a third page within that folder and you won't see it then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List