iOS 8.3 Jailbreak Released

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Europa, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

TaiG just released a jailbreak for iOS 8.3. It's for Windows only.
    http://www.taig.com/m/en/

You'll want to hold off right now since most tweaks haven't been updated yet and Mobile Substrate needs to be updated as well, but Saurik is currently working on it.

image.jpg

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I agree about waiting. TaiG needs to issue a kernel patch as well.

3. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

I am on stock ios 8.3 and would like to jailbreak now itself. Will free tweaks also create any issues at this moment ?

4. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Also i have never backed up my iphone 5s using itunes or icloud. My handset is under warranty. Would any failure attempt without backing up void the warranty ?

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Most tweaks and Mobile Substate aren't ready. It might only take a day or two for Saurik to get substrate updated. I'll let you know when it has been updated or you can keep an eye on @saurik and @musclenerd on Twitter yourself.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No. I highly recommed backing up your phone. There is absolutely no reason to avoid backing up.

#6 Europa, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  7. 4U2NV

4U2NV Member
    Bronze

Ahh, thank you for the heads up Europa. I've been waiting for this jailbreak. I'll keep my eyes open for when its ready.

8. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

I've not jail broken for ages. Might give it a whirl on my old iPhone 5.

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I was literally just thinking I wish I had a device I could jailbreak to test it out before I do my main device. :p

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Give it a while to get stabilized and updated before you update your 6 Plus. I've read that it's pretty buggy right now and most stuff isn't working yet anyway.

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You're right. I watched a video of a known youtuber who discusses jailbreak stuff and Apple products, they jailbroke their iPod Touch in the video. It was smooth, but yeah as you said, substrate needs updated/fixed. Saurik says that Taig is in the process of updating the jailbreak kernel patch.

Windows is now setup on my Mac, so once I see all is good then I'll do what I gotta do. :)

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I won't be home from visiting Mindi :( until Friday, so I have time for the jailbreak release to settle down, including the kernel patch

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That's good about having time for it to settle. Sorry about going home from visiting Mindi. That's the tough part about visiting and then leaving. It's hard on my mom, for sure.

As for me and the jailbreak, it's hard to be patient, but I will as I'd rather not rejailbreak and not be able to do anything with it.

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I don't recall ever visiting your mother.

I kid! I kid!

#14 Napoleon PhoneApart, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  15. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

Downloaded fine. But doesn't display the start button just comes up with a red cross in a circle and something in chinese :-(

16. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

Nope not working on my old iPhone 5. Might as well stick with stock on the iPhone 6. too much hassle.

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm surprised you tried it so soon despite everyone recommending to wait until the jailbreak is more stable and for the kernel to be patched. Most things aren't working yet and it's very buggy and unstable. We don't know how long it will take to get patched, but sometimes it's just a day or so. After that, apps and tweaks will slowly get updated. I will post when it's ready.

I defenitely would not attempt it on any of my devices it right now. It's pointless. Despite all the warnings, if you still want to try it for testing purposes in its current state, you really need to be a diehard and do some reasearch as to what to expect and give you step-by-step directions. The jailbreaks we've had for the past couple years are made by the Chinese. They aren't like the old jailbreaks that were ready to go on day one. Kernal patches for Substate are required before they are ready for the public. Also, their early versions have a Chinese user interface and you won't be able to follow the directions unless you have them translated with a guide. They usually end up getting updated with an English version.

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Also, is @PinkBanana running 64-bit Windows? Did she downgrade iTunes to the proper version? It pays to do a bit of research before jumping into a new jailbreak.

Once you know what you're facing, it's very little hassle at all.

19. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I'm excited to see this thread. Even though I'm comfortably numb with my almost perfectly stable 8.1 jailbreak it's refreshing when there are new tools and activity on the scene. I'll have to look up the new features that 8.3 has and decide if it's worth updating and jailbreaking again, but it's so nice to know I can, once a stable Mac version is released. Hats off to the Chinese crew and the rest of the jb community for working so hard to bring us these subtle pleasures.

#19 Kadelic, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  20. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

Yes 64 bit. I'm going to wait until it settles down I think.