iOS 8.3 Released, Full Changelog

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Two minor annoyances that seem to be gone with 8.3 are locking up when changing from landscape to portrait and when force quiting apps 2 or 3 at a time, often time an aps's window would disappear when swept up but the icon would remain. I would end up sweeping 8 or 10 apps out of twenty twice to quit them fully.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
The Vulcan Salute is here, now in different skin colors!

Visit this site (using Safari for iOS or OS X, or Chrome for iOS; skin-tone-modified Emoji do not display correctly on Chrome for OS X or Firefox for OS X, even if you are using OS X 10.10.3) to display the Vulcan Salute Emoji in the five different colors of the Fitzpatrick scale that are implemented in Unicode 8.0. Copy and paste the one (or ones) you want to use, as explained by the article link posted in my earlier post from today, post #22 on this thread.

emoji-fitzpatrick-scale.png

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Now I can't find this Blonde dude with the blue eyes and the different choices of skin color. The one I have doesn't look like that. I'd love to have a dark skinned blonde dude. Are there more emoji's to come like the person who has the blue eyes?
Sharunda, he's next to the cop.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429153539.021487.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Last edited:

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I always thought that swirly pile was intended to be chocolate ice cream. ?

ROFLMAO!! Nope! Not by a long shot my man! LOL!! That made my day! My sister thought the same thing until I clued her in and she uses it all the time for expression sake.

I guess if you were a pastry or dessert chef it might work like that.

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I always thought that swirly pile was intended to be chocolate ice cream. ?

Your confusion is understandable.

In another article, I read that they asked the guy who designed the original set of Emoji (which included the ice cream and the excrement Emojis) and he said that "somewhere along the way, we may have recycled some designs."

Edited: Corrected typo.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
It appears the new App Store feature of not requiring you enter a password for free apps does not work on a device sharing the iTunes ID with the primary account holder. This feature has worked for me each time, but when my wife tries to download a free app, it asks for the password. I have hers set in restrictions just like mine. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Update: I recall now the first free download I made with this feature, I had to enter my password. But not since. So she needs to do that first one. Well, I'll need to. She'll never remember the password.

Last edited: