iOS 8.4 Jailbreak Released

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Europa, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I've decided to try and jailbreak but I keep getting "Apple driver hasn't been found" error in Taig. I'm on Taig 2.2 of course, and iTunes 12.1.2.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You're in airplane mode? Find My iPhone and passcode turned off?

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Yes. I can't even begin jailbreak as it says that error. Taig says to install Apple drivers manually.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Just jailbroke my 5s on an old XP PC with an old version of iTunes. It worked the first time and only took about two minutes. I'm going to set that one up with all my tweaks and then restore/update and jailbreak my iPhone 6 later tonight.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Which version of iTunes do you have?

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I was trying other iTunes as well, but to begin with it was of course 12.0.1. I never had this or other errors in the past besides Taig not seeing my device.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Install the 64 bit 12.1.2 iTunes from here.

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I am using Windows Parallels but that shouldn't be the problem. I've used it before. I will try the 64 bit 12.1.2 soon. I can't recall if I tried that earlier.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Okay. It's supposed to fix the driver error. Let me know if it works.

11. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Are you going to set up your 6 from scratch after the restore or apply your previous backup?

I just updated (no restore) from jailbroken 8.1 to stock 8.3 yesterday. I'm wondering If I'll be ok just updating to 8.4 and waiting for a Mac jailbreak tool, or if I should go ahead and do a factory restore. iCloud will recover my important data like Contacts, Calendars, Notes, etc, but I'll have to re-sync a lot of music which is time consuming. I think I ask this every time there's a new jailbreak because I am loathe to set up and re-sync everything, but still I ask, even though I know what you're probably going to say. :)

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

To give my two cents, I'm going to apply my previous backups on both my iPhones since the backups are so recent. And I'm a guy who loves to set up from scratch.

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

All of the jailbreak tweaks I had on 8.3 are working on 8.4 with the exception of f.lux and Activator. Installation of those two is disabled until they are updated for 8.4. Bytafont 2 is working and the San Francisco font does successfully apply.

14. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Were they backups of jailbroken devices? Does that matter anymore?

15. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Well I am at the point now, which is better than before, that says Taig can't find my device. When I open iTunes it states that "The file iTunes Library cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes." It could be due to me being on iTunes 12.2 on my Mac which I am using Parallels on. I am going to reinstall iTunes using the link you gave me, on Parallels.

Still same error when opening iTunes.

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What I did a few days ago for 8.3 and then again today for 8.4 was uninstall all of my jailbreak tweaks, make a backup of the phone in iTunes, restore to factory settings, jailbreak and then apply my backup. This way my backup is as clean as it possibly can be while being made while currently jailbroken.

I've simply updated in the past (which removes the jailbreak) without restoring and then jailbroken the new firmware and had no problems, but it's not recommended. If it doesn't work, you can always restore at that point and then jailbreak and then apply your backup. The resync doesn't bother me much because I can do other things while it's doing its thing. It's setting up from scratch that I dislike.

17. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Ok, I got to the page to deselect 3K. I'm close!

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That is what I was instructing you to do. Maybe you misunderstood me. What's on the Mac side doesn't need to be touched - just the Windows side.

19. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Yes. I didn't do anything on the Mac, but I installed iTunes on Windows using link you gave me. It gave me that error, then I reinstalled and now I am jailbroken. Odd. Thank you so much though!

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Awesome. You're welcome. I'm glad it worked. (y)