iOS 8 Beta 3 Is Out, What's New?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by chris, Jul 7, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Continuing the discussion from 'When will iOS 8 beta 3 be released?", here's your thread for changes in iOS 8 beta 3. It is available now, either OTA (for those with iOS 8 beta installed) or via the developer portal. Changes appear minimal from what I've seen thus far. A new toggle for handoff, new wallapapers...

I for one would like to see some more stability. I know it's a beta, but buggy betas can lead to buggy public releases.

2. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

From an almost unusable state (Seed 1) to bearable (Seed 2) to much better (Seed 3). But my, the memory needed to update! I've been lazy. Only logged in 13 bugs through bug tracker from Seed 1. 6 fixed.

3. Muckcityjustin

Gold

Seems even buggier than beta 1 and 2. I now have no ringtone or text sound, can't download apps I previously downloaded, LTE and 3G won't change. Like if I'm on 3G it won't switch over to LTE unless I put into airplane mode for a few seconds and switch back.

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Starting to get concerned with how incredibly unstable these builds have been thus far. September isn't that far away.

5. Muckcityjustin

Gold

Couldn't agree more. This has been by far the buggiest beta for me to date.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Judging from their recent track record, I think iOS 8 will be a bit buggy for a while after the public launch. It took them six months to fix the Safari crashes in iOS 7. Six months. :mad:

7. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I heard "Hey Siri" can be invoked without the phone being plugged to a power supply. Can anybody confirm this?

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

My iPad 3 has to be plugged in for that feature to work.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, it still says "When connected to power, start talking to Siri without pressing the home button by saying Hey Siri." I'd disable it if it were constantly listening. It would contribute to battery drain and, in my experience, activate itself when you don't want it to.

Hey Siri isn't working at all for me on beta 3. It worked on beta 1, which is when I lasted tested it. It was a bit annoying when I was charging the iPad because it was repeatedly activating itself when I didn't want it to. I was talking on the phone and I guess it heard words that kinda rhymed with Siri such as leery.

image.jpg

10. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

This video shows otherwise. Possibly fake.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

He presses the home button at the beginning of the video to activate Siri. Siri is still in listening mode every time he says "Hey Siri" thereafter in the video.

I'm on beta 3. That initial activation of Hey Siri without pressing the home button still requires a power source.

image.jpg

12. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

I'm glad they chose Siri instead of Dolores.

13. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

So now that people are using it for a couple days does it truly seem to be more stable? What about the Bluetooth issues?
    Tom

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold