iOS 8 Bugs

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Europa, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What bugs have you noticed on the iOS 8 beta? Please list the device you are using.

I just installed it on my iPad mini a few minutes ago and noticed the usage bar at the bottom of iTunes isn't showing amounts for the different types of storage such as photos, apps, videos and audio. Instead it shows that 100% of the used space is in the Other section. The allocation is correct under usage on the iPad itself; it's just iTunes that is off. I plan on using the bug reporter feature to report all issues to Apple.
    Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 10.32.21 AM.png

2. james2475

james2475 New Member

The usual. Some apps crashing why loading .
    iPhone 5S

3. IllusionalTA

IllusionalTA New Member

Ive has tons of issues from my Bluetooth headset randomly shutting off music, to the music app crashing completely, my music won't download to phone, utter disaster this time around.. I've submitted numerous bug forms and subsequent data.. Hope 8.0.1 is better...

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Did you mean you hope iOS Beta 2 is better?

5. IllusionalTA

IllusionalTA New Member

Yes.. Sorry... Lol

6. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

My maps continued to crash when starting the navigation this morning. Now it's sporadic. I've reported it.

7. hoits2000

hoits2000 Member
    Bronze

[​IMG]heres one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. reas0n

reas0n Member
    Silver

So far I've encountered a few, a lot of them app related... But actual OS wise my predictive keyboard has completely stopped working even after multiple resets. Earlier today I lost my notification center, spotlight, and control center tabs, I couldn't swipe up or down to access any of them, fixed it by resetting the phone. Also my phone just decided to restart itself randomly 5 minutes ago.

9. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

When I was Facetiming with my wife I flipped the camera around but it stayed on my picture. She still saw what I was pointing at. Also a lot of freezing in apps.

10. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

Also when I'm deleting emails the circle will disappear.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

11. reas0n

reas0n Member
    Silver

Found another bug that no longer allows my iPhone to sync with iTunes over wifi, it isn't even listed under "Devices" in the sidebar...I've tried restart both the device and iTunes but that hasn't resolved the issue, I'm thinking if I restart my computer that should fix it... I'll let you know when I get around to it... this might be more of a Yosemite bug than iOS related now that I think of it...

12. james2475

james2475 New Member

The mail does not get pushed consistently. I gave to go in Mail app to update to see if have new messages came in often . Thinking update restoring back to iOS 7 until maybe beta 2 or 3. Just too buggy and sluggish so far

13. hoits2000

hoits2000 Member
    Bronze

Wow, just hit a major bug. All I did was plug my phone in to charge and it went into a boot loop. It would reset to the Apple logo, show a blue screen then loop again. I kept trying to reset it and a half out later after just leaving it be I heard it play a text message sound. Whew! This has to be one of the worse betas.

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I don't know. How many betas have you tested?

15. hoits2000

hoits2000 Member
    Bronze

Almost all of them from the last launches, 7 had a couple major bugs in a couple of their beats but nothing like this

16. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

- I am unable to submit bug reports through the big reporter. It just crashed after I sign in.
    - From time to timely home button becomes unresponsive, I can lock the screen using the power button and it begins working again.

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Can you report bugs through the website?

https://bugreport.apple.com/problem/viewproblem

It's working for me.
    image.jpg

18. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

I haven't tried the website. I was lazy and just updated, I'm gonna do a restore today and see if that helps.

19. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

I cannot use the website, because I am no longer have a developer account, I just have my device registered with one. I wonder if the bug reporter doesn't work the same.

20. hoits2000

hoits2000 Member
    Bronze

I noticed this issue this weekend, today I have been home and on my wifi and the phone hasn't crashes or given me the blue screen of death once. Yesterday, every time I left my house and was on AT&Ts signal my phone was constantly crashing and giving me the boot loop and blue screen of death. Anyone notice something similar?