iOS 8 bugs

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Bennyboy, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I am on 8.1.1. It stopped for a couple of days after updating. Then started back.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

2. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

How about this one. Shows up now and again. A restart fixes it. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1417295690.126832.jpg

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

My iMessage crashed, I had to reset password and reenter it, now iMessage doesn't fully activate and it won't let me sign into Apple ID for messages. Apple is saying I need to update to 8.1.1.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Might as well update anyway. It fixes some of the bugs and it has a jailbreak, so there's no reason to avoid it.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You're right, I am actually attempting to do that now, but I'll have to spend time installing parallels. :) Hopefully I can do all that tonight.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I guess it may take a while. I'm on 8.1.1 now and it still says waiting for activation.

7. alicepattinson

Bronze

I do experience these bugs too in my device. I hope apple releases fix on these bugs. :)

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

How annoying. The issue continued on iOS 8.1.1, and then a reset of network settings fixed it.

9. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

I'm still been getting random resprings and well as the spotlight search will give no results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Are you jailbroken? I started getting a bunch of random resprings all of a sudden today.

11. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

No never have been jailbroken. Been having the resprings for awhile which seemed to get a little better with each update. Done the restore thing and is better but is still happening just not as much.

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Did you restore to factory settings and was it on 8.1.1? If not, that would likely fix it, but I would try resetting all settings first. I had a few resprings on my stock iPhone 6 on 8.0, but none since updating to 8.0.2. I had frequent resprings on my stock iPhone 5s on early versions on 7.x. That firmware was even buggier than 8.x. At first they were random but then they started occurring when I used the fingerprint scanner. I must have had at least 50 of them. I reset all settings around 7.0.2 and it only happened one more time on that phone they entire year.

Proof that they were resprings and not reboots on both phones was that the fingerprint scanner worked afterwards and full reboots require the passcode.

So try resetting all settings and post your results after a week or so if it fixes it. If it keeps happening right away afterwards, I'd restore to factory settings. It's not a common problem on 8.1.1, so I think you can fix it with one of these.

13. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Yes they were resprings as I can use the fingerprint scanner,and I have restored to factory settings and it still happened a couple of times since but nothing like before. Also have the problem with spotlight search not showing results.
    Guess maybe a trip to the Apple Store.

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Is this a 6 Plus or a regular 6? What firmware did you restore to factory settings on?

15. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

I have a 6 plus and every should be on the latest versions.

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Is it a 128 GB? How much free space do you have? It might be that hardware problem that affects the 128 GB Plus. It tends to affect them worse when a large amount of the available space is being used. Apple can run a diagnostic on it and tell you if it's hardware. But I wouldn't take it in until you've restored to factory settings on 8.1.1 and tested it for a while longer.

I don't understand the second part of your reply. What firmware version did you restore to factory settings on?

17. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Sorry I'm on 8.1.1 it is an 128gb with about 75gb available. The resprings have happend after a restore to factory setting. I've taken it to apple and the girl didn't listen or something when I told her that it has been restored. I've been there enough times to know their stock answer to something they can't see or recreate. Evidently the test she ran didn't show hardware problems as all she could say was do a restore and if that don't work bring it back and they would see about replacing the phone. I gave up as I waited there long enough and figured I would just do the restore again. She did say when she ran the diagnostic that everything was up to date which I knew it was.

18. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

On thing I forgot to mention was something else my phone has been doing. There are several time I cannot tap an icon or a link and have it launch or whatever. I have to hit the power button to turn the screen off then I can go back and select the icon or link. When it is doing this sometime it is totally frozen and you can't swipe but other times I can swipe left or right up and down and zoom in and out. I just can't tap something and have it launch or whatever until I turn the screen off and back on. Hard resets don't make a difference neither does having other apps running or not.

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I still don't know if you restored to factory settings on 8.1.1 or if it was a lower firmware.

Even if you did, you definetly need to do it again now. Don't apply a backup. It could bring these problems back.

20. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Yes I restored to factory settings with 8.1.1 and problem happens with no backup applied. If fact restored twice to 8.1.1.