iOS 8 bugs

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Bennyboy, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I had previously identified and posted about this bug which existed in iOS 8.3.

Today, I was able to test it on iOS 8.4.

It still exists. Apple has not fixed it yet.

As in my previous post, iOS warns me that it will not download an app update larger then 100MB via cellular, then proceeds to download it anyways.

The entire event takes places while I'm connected to a cellular network. I did not start out on Wi-Fi and then move out of range.

I would've recorded and shared a movie of the entire procedure, but doing so requires connecting the iPhone to one's computer via USB, at which point, the iPhone uses the computer's Wi-Fi connection even if Wi-Fi is turned off. Instead, I took several screenshots throughout the duration of the procedure, and I'm sharing them below:

An available update for the Numbers app is identified. The size of the update is 233 MB:

IMG_2340.PNG

A pop-up indicates that the update will not be downloaded until the iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi:

2.PNG

The update begins downloading anyways:

3.PNG

The download of the update continues until completion and successful installation:

3.PNG 4.PNG 5.PNG 6.PNG 7.PNG 8.PNG update successfully installed.PNG

I will file a bug report on Apple's Bug Reporter.

#281 Rafagon, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  2. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

What kind of problem? Give as detailed an explanation of what is happening or not happening, as you can. What version of iOS you're using, what seems to cause the problem to come up, etc. The more detailed information you give the better the answer you will get back.