iOS 8 GM and Numbers App

ashwini

Bronze
Jun 2, 2009
India
www.ashwini.co.in
I use the numbers app to collect data for my thesis. The form feature was very helpful to me. But since upgrading to iOS 8 the app is crashing every time I try to use the drop down menu in the form. It works fine in the spreadsheet mode.

I also installed the numbers beta app that is available in the dev center. That didn't help.

Any suggestions?

ashwini

Bronze
Jun 2, 2009
India
www.ashwini.co.in
I am also facing problems in the pages app. The keyboard lags and skips characters when I type fast.

Unusable.

It works fine in other apps though.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Suggestions? They should have that ironed out by release day on the 17th.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Shouldn't the GM be the final version? All ironed out?
Not with all the apps. Some will update at the last minute. That probably includes Apple's apps as well. But yeah, as far as the operating system of iOS 8, the GM is it for the release. I get apps updating daily for iOS 8. There will be a flood of them release day. There are iOS 8 specific technology that the app Devs can't update until the release. Those that don't use it can update now.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I haven't looked, but are those apps in the developer center still listed as beta? It could be a case where iOS 8 is final, but those apps will get updated prior to the public release.

Is this issue affecting a particular document or every document? Any chance that the document itself is corrupted?