iOS 8 screen goes black

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I've found a very unfortunate bug. For no specific reason, my screen goes completely black while running iOS 8 beta 1. It's completely unresponsive, as far as I can tell. Siri works, but I've yet to find a way to get my screen on. Last night, I ended up updating through iTunes (again) in order to bring it back to life. Has anyone else experience the black screen of death while running iOS 8?

Marc_

Bronze
Mar 2, 2011
I've found a very unfortunate bug. For no specific reason, my screen goes completely black while running iOS 8 beta 1. It's completely unresponsive, as far as I can tell. Siri works, but I've yet to find a way to get my screen on. Last night, I ended up updating through iTunes (again) in order to bring it back to life. Has anyone else experience the black screen of death while running iOS 8?
I had this today. I restarted phone and it's been fine since.

Sent using iCafe app

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I had this today. I restarted phone and it's been fine since.

Sent using iCafe app
I figure it's part of being a beta tester. I suspect the major crashes will get sorted out in the first few betas. The next release should be infinitely more stable.

Hy Guys.

I've had the same problem on 3 iDevices (iPhone 4S, iPad mini2 and iPad4) and i think it's an Bug in the Baseband, because if i downgrade to 7.1.1 the problem persists. The only thing that wouldn't be downgraded is the baseband.

If it freezes, I don't do anything, sometimes it comes back after 30 to 60 seconds. When it's frozen and I plug in the Charger then it displays the "Battery empty"-Symbol and restart with the Apple Logo. After it's restarted the battery says 100% and it's working again. Creepy :D

Sometimes a reset (Home & Power Button 6 secondes) works, sometimes not. Weird.

Let us "Guinea Pigs" pray and hoping that Apple will fix this in beta 2 ;)
alternate-mac-os-x-names.jpg

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I've experience the black screen multiple times. I just press the power button so it goes to sleep then press the home button to wake it up and it's back to normal.