iOS 9.0.2 Has Been Released

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Whoa, that was quick! 9.0.1 is barely a week old. From the software updates on my iPad Air 2:

This update contains bug fixes and improvements including:
    • Fixes an issue with the setting to turn on or off app cellular data usage
    • Resolves an issue that prevented iMessage activation for some users
    • Resolves an issue where an iCloud Backup could be interrupted after starting a manual backup
    • Fixes an issue where the screen could incorrectly rotate when receiving notifications
    • Improves the stability of Podcasts
    For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Interesting that China gets their own files now… at least for some of the devices. I've never seen that before.

So a USA-updated iPad Air will be lacking some functionality if taken to China? Just thinking out loud.

4. Gil

Gil Member
    Bronze

Am I the only one having this problem? My purchases on my iPhone 6plus cannot be uploaded to my iTunes library when I synchronize or even backup with my laptop. This requires I update again in iTunes unlike with iOS 8 when the applications would just upload to iTunes automatically.

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I was excited that this new update came out. I updated to 9.0.2 right away and I tested my icloud back up on my iPhone 6s+ and ZONK! iCloud did not update. It stopped and said, The last backup could not be completed. However it did backup by itself on Wednesday morning at 12:20am. It did not backup last night, or early Thursday morning so I figured I would try it manually, but it didn't work. I hope it will work overnight tonight.

For me, it did not:
    Resolves an issue where an iCloud Backup could be interrupted after starting a manual backup

#5 Sharunda, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Gil

Gil Member
    Bronze

iOS 9.0.2 has been released. Update and see

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@Gil
    Hey Gil, I'm sorry I didn't put enough info in my post above. I fixed that. I actually did update to 9.0.2 and then tried the iCloud backup again on my iPhone 6s+ and it didn't work. I tried it manually and it just didn't work so I hope it works tonight. Maybe I'll do a hard reset or something and the update will be ironed out but for now it's a no go. (n)

#7 Sharunda, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  8. Gil

Gil Member
    Bronze

Apple have to put their act together. I thought the software would normally be tested thoroughly before release. The mess is problems that come with each update are just too many. We can't be Guinea pigs all the time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@Gil :LOL:@ We can't be Guinea pigs all the time! :laugh2: I like that. I'm Apple-Whipped! I'm an Applehead as my friends so affectionately call me. LOL!! Being an Applehead, I'm used to this scenario with new iOS's. I just wanted to report my experience with it.

This update just didn't work for me, it might work for others. I've gotten updates that worked for me right away and not other people until the next update. It's all growing pains with new iOS's. I'm used to it. I never expect new iOS's and or updates to be perfect. This seems to all be a work in progress for Apple until they iron everything out They actually need feedback from us so they can fix the problems that occur.

10. Gil

Gil Member
    Bronze

I agree. Thanks

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

@Sharunda, Make an iTunes backup, then delete your iCloud backup, then reboot and try to make a new iCloud backup.

12. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

I'll wait for this until next week when I get home from vacation. I don't like doing OTA upgrades. You all can test this update for me first. Thanks much. ;)

13. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@Europa I will do just that when I get home. I shouldn't have been in such a rush to update this morning, but I was so excited when I saw that it could fix my issue. Another go at it later then.

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I backed up yesterday after updating. No problem. But I had backed up my 5 amid the "crisis". It did not complete one time with the 5. Maybe you caught it while servers were swamped.

15. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

This is Apple we are talking about. Their servers should never be "swamped." Unacceptable, Apple, just plain unacceptable.

16. Caliphone

Caliphone Member
    Bronze

I still can't restrict the kids from changing their cellular data settings. It shows locked under restrictions but has no effect. That's kind of an important one around here.

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I don't know why, but this made me giggle.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

We'll use your servers instead from now on, Rafagon. I'm sure you have the financial wherewithal to beat Apple at their own game.

19. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@Europa This has been a miniature nightmare. LOL! I tried to do what you said, but my iCloud backup will not delete. Every time I try a manual backup of iCloud it doesn't work and overnight it doesn't work. :sick:I threw in the towel.

Apple has got to make another patch. I did research on my issue and there are a lot of people with this same problem. Apple is aware of this issue and are working on a fix for it. I'm just going to sit back and wait.:whistle: In the meantime I'll just backup my iPhone 6s+ to my computer. My iPad Air 2 has no problem backing up to iCloud overnight. I hope Apple has a fix for this soon. I will be asking for a refund for my iCloud storage if this keeps up for too much longer.

20. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold