iOS 9.1 Beta discussion

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
The iOS 9.1 public beta is now available....

From the Apple Beta Website: If you are new to the Apple Beta Software Program, please enroll your iOS Device to get the iOS 9.1 public beta, as well as subsequent updates directly from the iOS Software Update.

~S

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
How do I uninstall the beta so I can install the release version on September 16?

Jul 8, 2009
If I delete the profile, will I get a notification that the release version is available when checking for a software update?

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
Paynes Bay - Barbados
Has anyone used any of the ios9.1 beta versions enough to determine if the sound & notification bugs in iOS 9 ( .01, .02) have been fixed ?? I'm referring to the problems both with legacy apps ( iMessage ) as well as many 3rd party apps such as WhatsApp, Outlook Email, Facebook Messesger and GMail ( from Google ) as well as some hardware functions like 'lock sounds' ... Yes, there are temporary workarounds for some of the problems, but with a significant number of users having a variety of intermittent issues I hope it's a priority fix ...

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
Paynes Bay - Barbados
And when I say 'intermittant' I mean probably NOT working most of the time, but when the sounds / notifications DO work, I take it as confirmation that switches and buttons as such are correctly configured. Seemingly many of the gurus have jumped the hoops with ”Restores as New" etc all eventually to come back to having the same issues as long as an iOS 9 version is involved.
Being simply a 'user' , does anyone know if there are restrictions on what type of commentary a beta tester can or cannot make one having been exposed to beta software... It surprises me that such a seemingly widespread flaw has so little in the way of discussion. Something like 'I installed iOS N.N beta X and so and so which was not working properly now works ok, OR ... same preamble - but 'so and so used to work but now does not .....