iOS 9 Wishlist

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by chris, Feb 11, 2015.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

In what has become a yearly ritual, this topic is for members to discuss their iOS 9 wishlists. This is your chance to dream big and offer up your suggestions for what Apple should include when iOS 9 is released later this year. It's expected that iOS 9 will release in a developer beta sometime in June and will be introduced at WWDC. The early rumors have Apple shifting focus. Instead of delivering hundreds of new features coupled with a few tentpole features, iOS 9 is expected to instead focus on stability and optimization. Faster, leaner and more stable. These are all good things. But I want to hear what Apple should include in iOS 9.

What are your hopes and dreams for iOS 9? Emphasis on your hopes and dreams.

Update: I've compiled my list aptly titled "The Ultimate iOS 9 Wish List". Please check it out, share and comment.

#1 chris, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

That "it just works" again.

#2 Kadelic, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

I always wanted widgets, third party keyboards and third party launchers. 2 out of 3 isn't bad. I don't think I'll ever see the launchers. Would be nice though. A bit of customisation. I'd be glad to see some new dynamic wallpapers even.

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

How about support for user profiles? Maybe you could limit support to the new iPads, iPhones. At the same time, start them all at 32GB. That will be enough to support 1-3 users, depending on their needs. This is available on Android, so it's nothing new. User profiles done the Apple-way would be nice. I share my iPad mini with my daughter. That's code for, I barely have access to my iPad and when I do, it's filled with games and kids movies.

5. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

I found a solution for that!

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1423732249.933221.jpg

6. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

My two pet peeves have been and still are grossly insufficient speaker volume and the inability to determine the sort order of the notes in the Notes app. Fix those two things and I will be a much happier iPhone user.

7. wbertacchini

wbertacchini New Member

Would love an FM radio that doesn't require data, like on my MotoG.

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

That Apple does NOT add Beats music as a permanent stock app on my Phone.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

9. pinknika

pinknika New Member

All I want in this world is an "auto reply" feature for text messages.

When I'm in a meeting, or driving or working with a client, people who want to reach me become very impatient which impacts my business.

There is really no good app for that unless you find one that's for jailbroken. And I feel like it's a feature that should be in the IOS system not in an app.

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I wish for iOS to "just work" again.

11. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I wish for iOS Mail to have not just one color flag for e-mails (always orange), but rather, all the color flags that are available on OS X Mail:
    Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 10.27.47 PM.png
    I think this is in line with Apple's recent push for Continuity. Let's say I start an e-mail to myself on OS X Mail. I have to leave the house so I pick up where I left off, on my iPhone, while I'm still home. Then I'm out the door. I finally get a chance to continue the e-mail. Then I attempt to flag it green. Oops, no green flag on iOS. So much for Continuity.

Having different color flags, obviously, opens the door for you to categorize your e-mails in a new way. Examples: Red = Critical, handle immediately; Green = Completed.

I would also like Smart Mailboxes in iOS Mail. Again, this is just another example of Continuity. Apple, let us do on iOS Mail everything we can do on OS X Mail.

Here are my Smart Mailboxes on OS X Mail:

Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 10.34.45 PM.png

iOS Mail is blissfully unaware of their existence.

12. Peter

Peter New Member

I like one gesture to close all apps in multitasking

13. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I'd like to see a color-coded mail labeling ability for the combined inbox so it's easy to tell to which account each message was sent. I use a JB app Mail Labeler to identify my multiple accounts (I have 11 personal & business addresses).
    image.jpg
    It doesn't need to be this complex as long as it offers a visual identification method.

14. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I'd really just like for auto-brightness to work the way it did in iOS 5 and before.

And for the update to double the thickness of my phone, to flatten out the camera area, and fill up the empty space with battery.

Well, one out of two wouldn't be too bad.

15. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

Notifications area

Instead of deleting every notification one by one there should be one close button to delete all notifications in one go. That will make things lot easier.

16. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

All read notifications.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

17. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

18. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

There is a strong need for provision of editing a number while you type or paste while making a call. When we paste a long number and want to edit the starting part of it you have to delete the whole number first and then add initial code. This is not good.

19. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

There is also strong need to rename files in camera roll so that you can search them by name. There are hundreds of photos in my camera roll and I have to make an effort to search the required single photo. It's not good even.

20. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

Provision of recording during a call will be an added asset.