iOS 9 Wishlist

detroity2k

Bronze
Feb 2, 2008
Detroit, MI
I'd like to be able to search for a particular word within a website, document and yes and mentioned in an water post; have the abort to name photos on the phone.

I'd like to see the ability to edit my music information such as name, genre, etc.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'd like to be able to search for a particular word within a website, document and yes and mentioned in an water post
We already have the ability to search for words on webpage in mobile Safari.

Here are directions:
1. While on the page you want to search, type the word or phrase in the search/URL bar and press "Go."
image.jpg

2. Click on the result that shows up under "On This Page." The results will show up highlighted in yellow.
image.jpg

detroity2k

Bronze
Feb 2, 2008
Detroit, MI
Nice!!!! Thanks a lot. I have been waiting on this for years. LoL
Will it work on pdf numbers and pages?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Nice!!!! Thanks a lot. I have been waiting on this for years. LoL
Will it work on pdf numbers and pages?
You're welcome. I'm pretty sure we've had that capability since the first iPhone.

Yes. You can search for words in .PDFs by opening them in iBooks, tapping on the magnifying glass in the upper right, and then selecting "Search." I just installed Pages and Numbers to see if they have the option and they both do as well. Click the wrench icon and then select "Find."

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I wish we had the ability to delete iMessages and SMS on both ends. Like when you delete a tweet on Twitter.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I wish we had the ability to delete iMessages and SMS on both ends. Like when you delete a tweet on Twitter.
That's not going to happen. Tweets are stored on Twitter's servers. Email, SMS and iMessages go to specific people and are stored on their devices. You can't pull them back without gaining access to their devices and modifying content.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
That's not going to happen. Tweets are stored on Twitter's servers. Email, SMS and iMessages go to specific people and are stored on their devices. You can't pull them back without gaining access to their devices and modifying content.
Yeah, I know. But it would be nice.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I wish iOS 9 would give us the option for system wide dark mode. Give us more control of animation speed. Give us the option of using HTML code in the Mail app. Improve Siri to work like Cortana.

Aamir

Apr 6, 2015
Inbuild maps of iOS should be updated for India

Aamir

Apr 6, 2015
Yes and Siri (like cortona ) should learn to know your tastes

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I haven't used Cortana. What does it offer that Siri does not?
I like how she can set reminders based on an event such as reminding the user to pick up something when you are near a store/retailer that sells that product. Cortana can also remind you to leave for a destination according to traffic conditions to arrive at a specified time set by the user. You can also ask Cortana to give you the status of a certain flight. Cortana can also place reservations at restaurants. Those are just a few features.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I wish iOS 9 would give us the option for system wide dark mode. Give us more control of animation speed. Give us the option of using HTML code in the Mail app. Improve Siri to work like Cortana.
Especially mail. There is no email client with a dark theme option that I'm aware of. You get a few dark options by tapping the screen with 3 fingers. But it's not the same. It's in this thread. Problem is you can't take screen shots of it.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...low-light-grayscale-inverts-magnifier.107293/

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL

I agree that this would be awesome, unless we're thinking of two different things. I hate having to delete an iMessage twice, on phone then on computer. I do this as I only text certain people daily, so I don't want my iMessages to be full of people I only sent one text to for a certain reason and not just to chat.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I would like the Caps Lock mode not to be disengaged when switching to the "123" keyboard. There may come a time when I need to type a series of capital letters separated by a period, a comma, a slash, etc. I shouldn't have to keep tapping the shift key to continue typing capital letters. Caps Lock should mean just that—LOCK. Not Semi-Lock. The Caps Lock mode should remain engaged until I choose explicitly to disengage it.

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
There is need of having delete option in the mail application for gmail account holders. Presently, when you select the emails you have read there is archive option available only but in yahoo account the delete option is highlighted. Gmail account should also have delete option when we are finished with the emails. I am aware of the fact that delete option is available for gmail in move menu. But I am suggesting it other way.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
There is need of having delete option in the mail application for gmail account holders. Presently, when you select the emails you have read there is archive option available only but in yahoo account the delete option is highlighted. Gmail account should also have delete option when we are finished with the emails. I am aware of the fact that delete option is available for gmail in move menu. But I am suggesting it other way.
Go into your mail account setting, advanced and you'll see the delete option. This is for a Gmail account
This photo is on my phone and I'm on an older version of iOS (7.0.4)
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1428714576.839338.jpg

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Go into your mail account setting, advanced and you'll see the delete option. This is for a Gmail account
This photo is on my phone and I'm on an older version of iOS (7.0.4)
View attachment 41221
I have both Yahoo and Gmail. Why do my emails I get sometimes appear in my important folder and see still there after I delete it from inbox?