iOS Apple Maps

isaingj

Bronze
Dec 4, 2011
Just a question, is iOS 6 Turn by Turn Navigation free like no... data charges

Sent using iCafe app

In order to use Apple Maps an active Internet connection is required (cellular data). However, both Google Maps and Apple Maps use scalable vector graphics that reduce data consumption considerably over the older raster graphics used previously.

isaingj

Bronze
Dec 4, 2011
But does the Apple map charge you money if you use cellular data or is it free even if you cellular

Sent using iCafe app

But does the Apple map charge you money if you use cellular data or is it free even if you cellular
Your cellular provider charges you for data usage under whatever plan you have. Apple charges nothing to use its Apple Map app, regardless if you are on WiFi or cellular; its works with any Internet connection.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007

Sent using iCafe app
You will not be charged extra for Apple or google to use their maps and navigation. You just use data for that.

AdamDaieh

Bronze
Jan 17, 2013
California
I think they will charge you for data since it needs to be connected to an internet, New Apple maps is okay. I hope they will add voice guidance to the maps and great land marks.

isaingj

Bronze
Dec 4, 2011
I think they will charge you for data since it needs to be connected to an internet, New Apple maps is okay. I hope they will add voice guidance to the maps and great land marks.
The Apple Maps do have Voice Directions, but it only works for the A5 Chip and higher devices