iOS battery usage on iOS 9

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Hype-149, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Hype-149

Hype-149 New Member

Hello,

I have been using the iOS 9 public beta since Thursday and it's been good so far on my iPhone 6+, about as slow as iOS 8 was on my iPad 3 maybe a bit slower and sluggish.

On my iPhone, looking at my battery usage, it shows Music has used 16%, I don't play music on my iPhone very often and I haven't since i installed IOS 9. What I suspect is when I am in my vehicle (Dodge Caravan) the uConnect Bluetooth built into the vehicle is playing the music in the background while the phone is connected by bluetooth. Is there anyway to turn that off?

IMG_1641 (1).jpg

2. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I fully charged my phone last night and after being on a phone call for 31 minutes, and occasional Safari browsing, my battery is down to 79%. I've had better battery life on iOS 8, even though I don't have any comparison between iOS 8 or 9. It does appear that my battery is a lot worse on iOS 9 than iOS 8.

How is the battery life on your phone?

3. Jetman5843

Jetman5843 New Member

I have the same issue. My battery is quite a bit worse on iOS 9 then it was on 8. I used to go a whole day on my 6 plus, now I can only get about 10-12 hours with the same usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Go into your Settings and recheck background data usage settings. My battery life took a hit initially but I noticed Apple's new News app was responsible for a large part of my usage. I shut off background usage and I'll see how it goes. I also enabled low power mode.

5. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Many people have many different uses and needs from their phones. Guess you use yours a lot.

6. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

I have same no different
    I also keep background check on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Ron7624

Ron7624 Member
    Bronze

Mine is about the same. I use it throughout the day, but am mostly on my iPad. I have always finished the day at 30% and 9 hasn't changed that I can tell.

8. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I've seen a noticeable reduction on my Golden iPhone 6 Plus. A couple of nights ago I set it on my nightstand when I went to bed and it was 22%. When I awoke the next morning, about 5 hours later, it was dead.