iOS battery usage on iOS 9

Hype-149

Oct 19, 2014
Hello,

I have been using the iOS 9 public beta since Thursday and it's been good so far on my iPhone 6+, about as slow as iOS 8 was on my iPad 3 maybe a bit slower and sluggish.

On my iPhone, looking at my battery usage, it shows Music has used 16%, I don't play music on my iPhone very often and I haven't since i installed IOS 9. What I suspect is when I am in my vehicle (Dodge Caravan) the uConnect Bluetooth built into the vehicle is playing the music in the background while the phone is connected by bluetooth. Is there anyway to turn that off?

IMG_1641 (1).jpg

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I fully charged my phone last night and after being on a phone call for 31 minutes, and occasional Safari browsing, my battery is down to 79%. I've had better battery life on iOS 8, even though I don't have any comparison between iOS 8 or 9. It does appear that my battery is a lot worse on iOS 9 than iOS 8.

How is the battery life on your phone?

Apr 1, 2015
I have the same issue. My battery is quite a bit worse on iOS 9 then it was on 8. I used to go a whole day on my 6 plus, now I can only get about 10-12 hours with the same usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
Go into your Settings and recheck background data usage settings. My battery life took a hit initially but I noticed Apple's new News app was responsible for a large part of my usage. I shut off background usage and I'll see how it goes. I also enabled low power mode.

Ron7624

Bronze
Nov 11, 2011
Mine is about the same. I use it throughout the day, but am mostly on my iPad. I have always finished the day at 30% and 9 hasn't changed that I can tell.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I've seen a noticeable reduction on my Golden iPhone 6 Plus. A couple of nights ago I set it on my nightstand when I went to bed and it was 22%. When I awoke the next morning, about 5 hours later, it was dead.