iOS Calendar text message reminders

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by gadgetgal, Apr 2, 2012.

1. gadgetgal

gadgetgal Member

One reason I upgraded to 4S was the ability to schedule calendar appointments by Siri. But you have to use the built in iOS calendar which does not send me text message reminders a day before which I like. I have used calengoo which made my calendar on Google which allows a reminder by text at a customized time. I also use hotmail now too, and my iOS calendar will show up there, and I have calendar set to "on" in the mail settings. But since I am now using the built in calendar app for the Siri, I'm no longer getting the text message reminders a day ahead when my appointment originated from using the iOS calendar app from iPhone as my original starting point. How do I send my built in calendar appointments to Google or Hotmail calendars since the mail settings obviously is just to send hotmail/google calendar over to the iPhone but only if the appointments were entered in those calendar programs first. When they are, yes, I do get the reminder of course, like my repeating entries from my Calengoo time when I would use Calengoo exclusively on the iPhone. But with Siri, I have to use the built in one in order to take advantage of Siri. Anyone have any ideas?
  2. brdmsd

brdmsd Member

After you've scheduled through Siri, try going into Calendar and editing to give you alert at time you desire.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius

Look at Settings/ Mail,contacts,calendars. Scroll to the bottom and check the default alert times and default calendar.
    You can change the default alert time for reminders. Make sure it's set to 1 day.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. gadgetgal

gadgetgal Member

Thanks much! LOL, but I'm so used to NOT using the built in calendar that I just wasn't even thinking in the "alert" direction vs. being sent the reminder by text. It doesn't matter to me as they both notify on the screen, so this will work for me just fine.