iOS Error 3200 When Restoring to iOS 5

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Jeremy, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy New Member

Anyone else having this error iOS Error 3200? What's it mean?

2. mb190e

mb190e Member
    Bronze

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

There error is occurring because Apple's servers are slammed. When it becomes less busy, you'll find that things will work just as they should.

4. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

I wonder if the same applies to updating iTunes...because I keep getting the same message when I try to open it: error7 (windows error 5).

I've googled it, and have tried various things already without any luck. I was able to update iTunes on my laptop, but I can't sync my phone with it, because I don't have anything on it....Music, apps, videos, etc, etc....

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

6. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

maybe i'm just an idiot, but I've never read a knowledgebase article that actually helped me resolve installation errors... It always seems like they just give you generic help ideas that everyone probably already knows, and nothing to actually help a guy.

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Today, I'm ignoring those articles. It's clearly a server issue. Keep plugging away and eventually you'll get in.

8. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

+1

You've just got to keep trying and hope you get through. I've continuously tried to update my iPad and Apple TV 2 for the passed 40 minutes - I've now downloading the firmware for both of them. Here's to hoping that it works this time.

9. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

My Apple TV 2 update went off without a hitch. Same goes for my iPhone 4. I'm stuck on my iPad 2 now and going to attempt to update my wife's iPhone 4. Also updated her OS to Lion. I'm also having trouble with 10.7.2. It's absolute update madness today.

10. Nrevezzo

Nrevezzo Member
    Bronze

I got the 3200 error when trying to upgrade my 3GS. The third time I tried it worked. I think the problem is the Apple servers and not your computer. Also, I just have the software downloaded and not installed. Then when it's done downloading I reconnect the phone and it does the update. This way if there's an install problem I don't have to re-download the software. I'm working on my iPad now, it's been downloading for about 3 hours.