iOS most advanced ?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by liberated, Mar 16, 2013.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I own an iPhone 5 and every model before it, I went with Android and came crawling back...but I find this statement by Apple (pic) grossly misleading and false. I love and prefer iOS over Android but I'm not under any dilutions and do not believe this propaganda by Apple. Android OS is light years ahead of iOS with many more innovations coming out in droves. Yes anyone can argue that the features on Android are half baked, unpolished, etc. but that does not take away the fact that the capabilities of the OS are well beyond what iOS currently has to offer. I just hate when I see blunt and obvious lies in advertising, it's an insult to people with half a brain. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1363468959.485955.jpg

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You must not read much advertising copy, then. :D

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I'm surprised you agree with me :D perhaps I should have posted this in the "it chaps my hide" thread lol

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Never said I agreed with you. Just pointing out the fact that all advertising tends to be overblown, hyperbolic garbage.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think they meant advanced in terms of how well the software integrates with the hardware, ease of use, stability, and features that are smooth and elegant. Advanced doesn't necessarily mean feature-rich.

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Your interpretation, one I disagree with, to me advanced means something totally different. This is why we have a million religions based on 1 book :D

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I know deep down you agree :D

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Speaking of hyperbolic...

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Usually iOS users who have tested Android can see that the extra features come at a price. The features are sometimes less smooth and polished, the menus can be convoluted and there is fragmentation. If you can look past these things and features are all that matters, I could argue that you can add a multitude of features by jailbreaking and that it is still iOS.

10. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Advertising is awesome! I now own a steam-mop which I'll probably never use, which was purchased whilst drunk from a popular shopping channel.

In other news, iOS isn't the most advanced OS. Android is. But iOS is more polished.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Yet you guys own iPhones, correct?

12. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

We do but that does not change this. Lol

13. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Agree !

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Just wondering, because you haven't made the commitment to Android yet. What's keeping you from doing it?

15. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I've tried Android twice, I find myself wanting the simplicity and elegance of iOS. I may not think iOS is the most advanced but iOS it's my hands down preference.

16. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I've never tried Android so my ignorance must be considered throughout the rest of this post.

I think advertising is almost as crooked as two of the forbidden topics on this forum, but doesn't it come down to a semantics game as far which OS is more advanced?

If you look under the hood I guess the platforms are about even, with each trying to outdo the other with each iteration. From an end user perspective, it comes down to individual experience and how efficiently you can accomplish important functions and tasks. Obviously jailbreaking iOS advances it's functionality by degrees depending on the individual user. For all intents and purposes iOS suits me fine. If Android is indeed more advanced then I look forward to Apple copying it as it has copied the jailbreak community and others over the years. :)

17. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

I usually end up going back and forth every few phones for some reason :-(. I just had a note 2 and for my PERSONAL use, it was the best phone that I have ever used by far. Much of that was the screen size (I honestly just surf the web a lot in my phone lol), but much of it was the software. Jellybean with touchwiz is extremely advanced vs other deployments of Android that I've used. I personally wouldn't say any OS out is that much more advanced over the completion though. Realistically I miss the note2s battery life (blows ip5 away), the screen size, and the back button lol, but none is that is really software related (besides little touchwiz shortcuts that Ioved with the Spen) , guess I am an easy customer :-(.

18. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I guess we can all agree that the phrase "Most Advanced" means different things to different people. I am an iOS fan and like I stated before, in my opinion of what "Advanced" is, Android wins. That does not mean Android is my choice as the features that are important to me are fully satisfied with iOS.

19. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

O great, now I gotta go try out a new windows phone! I really do love Nokia at least :).

20. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I meant to ask for examples of this in my previous post, elaborate please. I know this has been covered in the past but I need a refresher and this seems like an appropriate thread.