iOS version

Jan 2, 2012
Portugal
Hy everyone!,
i want to download adobe reader, but i cant because i don't have the 4.2.5 iOS version, i have an older version. My iPhone isn't jailbroken, but i have cydia in my iPhone since i bought it. And when i connect my iPhone to iTunes, it says if i want to install the new iOS version 5... there´s any problem istall the new iOS version with cydia in my iPhone?
Greetings

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Hy everyone!,
i want to download adobe reader, but i cant because i don't have the 4.2.5 iOS version, i have an older version. My iPhone isn't jailbroken, but i have cydia in my iPhone since i bought it. And when i connect my iPhone to iTunes, it says if i want to install the new iOS version 5... there´s any problem istall the new iOS version with cydia in my iPhone?
Greetings

Your phone is jailbroken if Cydia is installed. Do you require an unlock?

Jan 2, 2012
Portugal
So my iPhone is jailbroken and i didn't know?! loooool but i bought it in a private shop and i never tought that my brand new iPhone came with jailbroken installed! Anyaway, if i have my iPhone jailbroken, may i download the nem iOS version on iTunes? If not, can you tell me where i can download the iOS? I really need adobe reader in my iPhone, so i must update iOS...

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Is your phone unlocked? i.e so you can put another SIM Card in the phone? If you update your phone you may or may not lose your unlock.

If you don't require an unlock, simply connect the phone to iTunes, allow the phone to sync, then hit update.

Jan 2, 2012
Portugal
I think my phone is unlocked and i think i can put all SIM card i want. But if i download the new iOS on iTunes my phone still jailbroken? And with the update i lose all information that i have on the phone?