iOS6 and evasi0n - professional but was it worth it ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by dvdgremlin, Feb 9, 2013.

1. dvdgremlin

dvdgremlin New Member

the jailbreak was excellent and so easy to do. like everyone else loads of problems with repo access.

however, it has left me wondering why bother upgrading IOS ? I don't use faccbook or twitter so what did I gain ? was it worth the hassle ?

what do you think is better in IOS6 instead of IOS5 ?

Is there any reason to upgrade ios again ?

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Panorama camera built in, Do Not Disturb, VIP mail box, FaceTime over cellar, Siri got smarter, decline a phone call & reply with a message, reminder to call back..... Shall we go on? That's off the top of my head. LOL

Sent using iCafe app

3. dvdgremlin

dvdgremlin New Member

well so far I'm underwelmed with the improvements, there are good things coming from the jailbreakers but not much from Apple in IOS6. bearing in mind if you have a jailbreak on your iPhone then you had already got access to ischedule, iblacklist and AUXO anyway and on IOS5 you had CYDIALER as well.

so my point was jailbreak with IOS5 versus IOS6 gives you what ? well I suppose VIP mailbox, I've had a separate mailbox for VIP messages for years. I suppose Music looks neater now. Siri versus google ... hmmmm...

so will it be beneficial to upgrade to a jailbroken IOS7 or will the jailbreak app writers have covered it already ?

there is still no facility in IOS to do an automatic ringback on engaged which is a standard phone facility usually.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

It will be impossible to answer that without first seeing what's included in iOS 7, and, furthermore, in the iOS 7 jailbreak. Also, we have no idea yet what the iPhone 6 will bring, so the hardware improvements in that model, if they are enticing enough to you, will themselves require you to be on iOS 7.

5. dvdgremlin

dvdgremlin New Member

yes, that's a good point. For me IOS6 has been a damp squib as it's mainly been about integrating social media. A lot of the other things were already available if you jailbreak.

the thing that will encourage me to upgrade will be a slightly larger screen. for those in the uk passport isn't really of any use unless you use starbucks daily. calendar and contact integration with thunderbird/ lightning without google would help too. that would be far more use than twitter/facebook integration.

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

So are we talking about iOS or a new phone? OP mentions agree screen size, so that's a newer device 'maybe'.
    So on the iOS issue: Save your blobs, update to iOS 6. Don't like it, downgrade back to iOS 5.x

Sent using iCafe app

7. dvdgremlin

dvdgremlin New Member

no I won't go back. I just felt there was little point in this upgrade as jailbreak plus apps on IOS 5 gave virtually everything that's in IOS6. Obviously it was good for those on new devices that needed the jailbreak tho.

My point was (it's impossible to answer atm) will there be any point in upgrading to ios7 if this is the level of change to be expected next time too.

for me I doubt it until the bigger screen comes out.