iOS6 on iPad 2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Is it just me or iOS6 and the iPad2 don't work well together? Since the update it keeps freezing on me, it was fine before so all I can think of is the firmware. Anyone else?

GAO

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
Oklahoma
Mine has also been freezing since the update. And a another thing: it has rebooted several different times on its own for no apparent reason.
Hard to figure what's going on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I have one. Can't say that. Couple of apps close themselves down, but no freezing.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app
Safari work ok? That's where I experience most of the problems, and the settings app.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
I have an iPad 2 on iOS 6. Other than few app crashes (likely due to apps not supporting the update yet) it's been fine. Sorry you're having problems.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Have you tried hard-resetting the iPad? Did you restore from a previously jailbroken iPad and restored from backup?

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
Safari work ok? That's where I experience most of the problems, and the settings app.
Haven't noticed safari issues, or settings. The App Store crashes a lot. Sorry to say the eiC app does too. Facebook (of coarse), and a few others. The whole experience is a bit slower. It hard to explain.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Have you tried hard-resetting the iPad? Did you restore from a previously jailbroken iPad and restored from backup?
Not jailbroken, and it was smooth as silk but once The update I keep have to closing whatever app I'm using ( mostly stock ) because it freezes forever.

alamarco

Bronze
Nov 28, 2008
Canada
myfigurecollection.net
I haven't had any freezing, but my battery has been a lot worse. The standby time is noticeably shorter and it's annoying. I only use my iPad 2 for quick lookups while on the couch and it lasted me quite a while. Not it seems I'm down to 20% every 2-3 days.

zunex

Sep 22, 2012
The only issue I've had until this moment is when using Evernote, the note title & note thumbnail sometimes blink. So weird hmm.

Nov 26, 2012
My iPad 3 has not backed up since 10/11/2012. I have: reset; rebooted; excluded most apps from the backup (thinking maybe an app was hanging it up) & tried to manually force a backup; deleted the existing backup & tried to back up again; - nothing worked. Thinking maybe it was my Comcast gateway, I went to a different WiFi hot spot. This time it acted like it was successfuly executing the backup but after it "finished" it said the backup had not completed successfuly. Keep getting the periodic messages that it needs a backup but I can't get it to do it. My iPad sits right next to my iPhone 4, stays plugged in & is connected to the same WiFi network as my iPhone. My iPhone backs up to iCloud successfuly every day; my iPad has NOT backed up since 10/11/12. Any thoughts?

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
robert black said:
I have resisted updating my old iPad2 and don't see any need to do it now. IMHO Apple knows it won't work right on the olded iPads2&3s
Odd..

On Nov 13th you made this post with the thread title of:

Hello I am new to the Apple iPads just bought the iPad3 And. (Discussion in 'iPad' started by robert black, Nov 13, 2012.)

In that thread you said:

robert black said:
Just bought the iPad3 and have been told I should have bought a iPad mini or the iPad4. I am needing some advice as I still can return the iPad3 and exchange it. so what would be a good choice?
And

robert black said:
I just returned my iPad3 and bought the iPad4 Had to take one with a little more memory so it cost more money. But this salesman said it was worth moving to the iPad4. Now to start trying to understand it. Seems the thing shuts down pretty quick, I have to keep opening it up again. and again no manual on how to use it.
Now all of the sudden you have and have had an iPad 2 or was the post you made in this thread just another opportunity to bash the iPad and iOS?

In the 2 weeks that have followed you have degraded the iPad, the iPad mini and iOS all the while singing constant praise of the Samsung Galaxy line of tablets..

What is the end 'game' here?

Last edited by a moderator:

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
I can't say that I've had any issues with my iPad 2 on iOS 6. I updated on realease day and it has been very stable for me.

laughjimbo

Bronze
Aug 2, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
My iPad 2 has been ok apart from a couple of apps shutting down. I generally just reinstall the app. Normally happens after an app updates. Other than that my iPad has been great.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app

iByron

Bronze
Jan 17, 2011
Houston
I just think its possibly a hardware issue maybe, Im usin this dinosaur 3GS and its a horrible experience on ios 6....but I know its the hardware not iOS. Getting an unlocked iPhone soon though

Last edited by a moderator: