iOS6 on iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bennyboy, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Is it just me or iOS6 and the iPad2 don't work well together? Since the update it keeps freezing on me, it was fine before so all I can think of is the firmware. Anyone else?

2. GAO

GAO Member
    Bronze

Mine has also been freezing since the update. And a another thing: it has rebooted several different times on its own for no apparent reason.
    Hard to figure what's going on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I have one. Can't say that. Couple of apps close themselves down, but no freezing.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Safari work ok? That's where I experience most of the problems, and the settings app.

5. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I have an iPad 2 on iOS 6. Other than few app crashes (likely due to apps not supporting the update yet) it's been fine. Sorry you're having problems.

6. nitro882dc

nitro882dc New Member

My ipad2 on IOS6 has had no issues yet and it's been on IOS6 since the day 6 was released

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Have you tried hard-resetting the iPad? Did you restore from a previously jailbroken iPad and restored from backup?

8. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Haven't noticed safari issues, or settings. The App Store crashes a lot. Sorry to say the eiC app does too. Facebook (of coarse), and a few others. The whole experience is a bit slower. It hard to explain.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

9. Skb2000

Skb2000 Evangelist
    Gold

I haven't noticed any issues with mine.

10. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Not jailbroken, and it was smooth as silk but once The update I keep have to closing whatever app I'm using ( mostly stock ) because it freezes forever.

11. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Ok you jinked me...the settings crashed today on my iPad 2. What the heck.

Target

12. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Yeah, I tried a hard reset, no good. iOS6 still feels very beta.

13. alamarco

alamarco Member
    Bronze

I haven't had any freezing, but my battery has been a lot worse. The standby time is noticeably shorter and it's annoying. I only use my iPad 2 for quick lookups while on the couch and it lasted me quite a while. Not it seems I'm down to 20% every 2-3 days.

14. zunex

zunex New Member

The only issue I've had until this moment is when using Evernote, the note title & note thumbnail sometimes blink. So weird hmm.

15. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

This morning my battery was on 47%. 5p with less than 2-hours use it was at 5%. What draining it? Lasted for days on the old iOS.

Target

16. Rubbertree

Rubbertree New Member

My iPad 3 has not backed up since 10/11/2012. I have: reset; rebooted; excluded most apps from the backup (thinking maybe an app was hanging it up) & tried to manually force a backup; deleted the existing backup & tried to back up again; - nothing worked. Thinking maybe it was my Comcast gateway, I went to a different WiFi hot spot. This time it acted like it was successfuly executing the backup but after it "finished" it said the backup had not completed successfuly. Keep getting the periodic messages that it needs a backup but I can't get it to do it. My iPad sits right next to my iPhone 4, stays plugged in & is connected to the same WiFi network as my iPhone. My iPhone backs up to iCloud successfuly every day; my iPad has NOT backed up since 10/11/12. Any thoughts?

17. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Odd..

On Nov 13th you made this post with the thread title of:

Hello I am new to the Apple iPads just bought the iPad3 And. (Discussion in 'iPad' started by robert black, Nov 13, 2012.)

In that thread you said:

And

Now all of the sudden you have and have had an iPad 2 or was the post you made in this thread just another opportunity to bash the iPad and iOS?

In the 2 weeks that have followed you have degraded the iPad, the iPad mini and iOS all the while singing constant praise of the Samsung Galaxy line of tablets..

What is the end 'game' here?

#17 raqball, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
  18. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

I can't say that I've had any issues with my iPad 2 on iOS 6. I updated on realease day and it has been very stable for me.

19. laughjimbo

laughjimbo Member
    Bronze

My iPad 2 has been ok apart from a couple of apps shutting down. I generally just reinstall the app. Normally happens after an app updates. Other than that my iPad has been great.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app

20. iByron

iByron Member
    Bronze

I just think its possibly a hardware issue maybe, Im usin this dinosaur 3GS and its a horrible experience on ios 6....but I know its the hardware not iOS. Getting an unlocked iPhone soon though

#20 iByron, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014