iOS7 Call Blocking questions

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by iPutz, Jun 12, 2013.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I know it may be a little too soon to be asking these questions as this is an early beta release of iOS7 but, assuming a non jail broken phone:

1. Will call Blocking be available for the older iPhone 4 and 4S models?
    2. Does a number need to be in your Contacts List or added in order to be blocked?
    3. Will a blocked call use any of my calling plan's minutes?
    4. Can I add a number to the "Blocked" list manually before getting a call from that number?
    5. Will the blocked call list be part of an iPhone backup in iTunes?
    6. Can the blocked call list be transferred from my phone to my wife's phone or will she need to create her own list manually or as the calls come in to her phone?

Thanks in advance for your answers. I am so looking forward all the new features of iOS7, I just hope it lives up to all of our expectations.

2. reas0n

reas0n Member
    Silver

1. I'm on iPhone 5 so I can't answer this. However, I don't see why not as it's a part of the settings in phone.
    2. No, it can also be in your recent calls
    3. No, because if you don't pick up the call you don't get charged for it.
    4. Not at this time.
    5. Yes as with all of your phones settings.
    6. I haven't tested this, but I'd imagine you'd have to do it manually.

Hope this helps. and good luck with solid answers to the questions I couldn't answer completely. I think iOS7 will meet your requirements. I'm certainly happy with it, even with the many bugs that plague the beta...

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I'll add one more question to the list above:
    7. does Call Blocking give the user the option to simply hang up on the blocked call?
    I certainly don't want to give a blocked caller the opportunity to leave a message on my voice mail, I would much prefer to just hang up on the *&%#!$?.

4. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

This is all good news. I have Telemarketers calling me although I am on the Do Not Call Registry list. I was using Trap Call for this and it works well enough, but there is one call that I get from one number at least twice a day now as the others have stopped. Although I have Trap Call they still call twice or three times a day for the past two weeks. This Block call option will save me my $4.99 monthly Trap Call Fee and they will get off my back for good hopefully. Scammers need to be strung up!

5. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

Just checked Settings on my 4S running iOS7, and Call Blocking is indeed available.

As stated above, it's also accessible by tapping the "i" icon to the right of a number in your history and scrolling down to the bottom ("Block This Caller").

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Hey, fearofnormalcy do you mind posting a picture of the setting page and the i icon next to the number in history? I'd love to see it.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Untitled-1.png IMG_0041.PNG IMG_0043.PNG IMG_0044.PNG

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Europa Thanks for posting the screen shots! Those are great!

I'm really looking forward to this update in the fall. I see that I can block a caller and they basically will not be able to contact me once I do this. They cannot leave me messages too, I am guessing from the finality of the Blocking capability. WOOHOO!

9. reas0n

reas0n Member
    Silver

It seems messages aren't completely blocked, they just go into their own special list...

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Good Morning reas0n ! Well, well, well, this is an interesting turn. Its unfortunate that the messages get put in a folder. This gives these callers a reason to keep calling back because it'll be considered a viable number. But on the flip side, I suppose it's good to get the messages if they are or could be of use.

11. reas0n

reas0n Member
    Silver

And a good morning to you Sharunda! I found it quite interesting as well... I'm curious to see what happens to a blocked text, as I haven't been able to test it out yet...I'm on the fence about the blocked messages as well, though I do understand the need to have them there...