IP 4s won't restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Nickgadoury, May 26, 2012.

1. Nickgadoury

Nickgadoury New Member

I have a 4s jailbroken untethered on 5.0.1 and have been trying to update and re-jailbreak with the new absinthe tool released yesterday but every time I try to do the 5.1.1 update on just my phone and it isn't working and every time I try to erase all settings and content through the settings app it just tries for ever till I have to force a restart. Now trying iTunes for restore and not having much luck. Any suggestions?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Are you running the latest iTunes? Have you tried putting your iPhone into Recovery mode and restoring that way?

Here is a guide on how to put your iPhone into Recovery mode. http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=367

3. Nickgadoury

Nickgadoury New Member

I am running latest iTunes but I completely forgot about recovery mode. Thanks. I'll try now. Wish me luck!

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Good luck! Hope that helps. IF you get any error messages/codes, remember directions and explanations for them are online. :)

You can always ask again here, no problem! I'm here 24/7 sadly. My life...is that. My life! OH I am a Student as well! :)

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Your current jailbreak will stop you from being able to update over the air on the phone. You have to use iTunes. Please describe the problems you're having in iTunes and include the error codes.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

My eyes are playing tricks on me now and not giving me those details. I think that means bed time soon. Yes, iTunes always when you're Jailbroken and need to restore! :)

7. BRIAN82176

BRIAN82176 New Member

you have to do a back up first then do a restore as a new iPhone Bestway to get it to work I had same issue but them u will have to download the bios 5.1.1 with the 206 in it not the 208 or absinthe won't work it will say device not supported its some patch Apple came out with

8. BRIAN82176

BRIAN82176 New Member

also forget to mention when u download the 206 iOS 5.1.1 software do a shift restore and select that iOS 5.1.1 and software with the 206 u Downloaded and the jailbreak should go right through spent 4 hours of researching before I figured all this out the hard way

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

What patch are you referring to? The new updated iOS 5.1.1? Absinthe 2.0.2 is out and supports Build 208.

10. BRIAN82176

BRIAN82176 New Member

all I know is that's the issue I ran into after I installed Siriport
    my phone crashed had to restore mine then when I tried to re jailbreak that's the problem I ran into

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Absinthe was updated and that problem has been fixed. Also, the GSM iPhone 4 was the only model affected. The OP has a 4S.

12. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

For the record, if you're jailbroken, trying to restore your phone though your settings app doing the erase all content and settings it's a big no no, it's only gonna give you headaches.
    It needs to be done through iTunes on your computer.
    Incase someone else's wants to try that.

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I agree. iTunes is the easiest and most logical way. Just restore, use backup or set up as new, then re jailbreak using the latest Absinthe.