iPad 1 keeps dropping out

Dec 19, 2012
What's with the fact that you cant update the ipad 1 to IOS6. I am sure that is the problem. Does anyone have advice? Other than to toss it. I am giving it to my son and updating to a ipad 4.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
What's with the fact that you cant update the ipad 1 to IOS6. I am sure that is the problem. Does anyone have advice? Other than to toss it. I am giving it to my son and updating to a ipad 4.
What do you mean keeps dropping out?

Dec 19, 2012
What do you mean keeps dropping out?
By dropping out, i mean that no matter what App or other program i am in such as Safari or such it would unexpectadly drop the program and return to the front page you see when you turn the ipad on. There is no time limit or anything as to when it happens. My wife also has an ipad 1 and hers has also started doing it. We think it may have started around the time that IOS 6 came out.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
By dropping out, i mean that no matter what App or other program i am in such as Safari or such it would unexpectadly drop the program and return to the front page you see when you turn the ipad on. There is no time limit or anything as to when it happens. My wife also has an ipad 1 and hers has also started doing it. We think it may have started around the time that IOS 6 came out.
Ok so apps are crashing and this behavior started right after an iOS update?

If so then I would do a factory reset and see if that solves the issue. Sometimes the update can get corrupted..

Since it happens all the time I doubt it's a rouge app but that still could be an issue..

runningbear30

Bronze
Dec 11, 2012
Ok so apps are crashing and this behavior started right after an iOS update?

If so then I would do a factory reset and see if that solves the issue. Sometimes the update can get corrupted..

Since it happens all the time I doubt it's a rouge app but that still could be an issue..
Good advice raqball. Looks like that is about all one can do at this level, except remove the browser program and then reinstall it.

greenyoga

Bronze
Nov 30, 2012
Personally,I would rather get the iPad mini.