iPad 2 constantly showing location services arrow

lionqueen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2009
Beautiful San Francisco
Today when I was using my iPad, I noticed that location services were on - you know, the little arrow up top, next to the battery indicator. I'm used to it only being on when I'm using something that uses it, like the camera, maps, yelp, ect. Long story short, I exited out of every single app (by double clicking the home button and xing out any active apps), and it was still there. Ok, I hadn't updated to the latest update, so I figured I'd do that and see if it helps. Just done it, and the location services arrow is STILL there. I also tried turning off cellular data - no difference.

Has this happened to anyone else, or is it normal to have it there all the time now, or what? Besides the vaguely Orwellian worry that I'm being "watched", I worry that it'll draw battery power needlessly.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Today when I was using my iPad, I noticed that location services were on - you know, the little arrow up top, next to the battery indicator. I'm used to it only being on when I'm using something that uses it, like the camera, maps, yelp, ect. Long story short, I exited out of every single app (by double clicking the home button and xing out any active apps), and it was still there. Ok, I hadn't updated to the latest update, so I figured I'd do that and see if it helps. Just done it, and the location services arrow is STILL there. I also tried turning off cellular data - no difference.

Has this happened to anyone else, or is it normal to have it there all the time now, or what? Besides the vaguely Orwellian worry that I'm being "watched", I worry that it'll draw battery power needlessly.
So on the phone and v1 of the pad this works. Try going to settings and turning off locations services an turning it back on. If that doesn't work turn on and off the pad.

lionqueen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2009
Beautiful San Francisco
As i already stated, i just updated the software and it was still happening, so i doub turning it on and off would help.

At any rate, ive got it sorted- it was the Crackle app, apparently it's got a bug that leaves location services on.