iPad 2 Crash!

Discussion in 'iPad 2' started by Mickeylittle, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Hey guys and gals! My wife's 64gb locked up last week and nothing would unlock it. Every time I tried a restore it would hang up and state that the device was not restorable. Apple support was unable to help so I FedEx'd it Friday and got it back today! Very nice.

I restored from her backup and everything WAS rosey until I had a scary time trying to wake it up about 20 minutes ago. I literally had to press and hold the power/home buttons for a minute and look at the Apple for almost 5 minutes... Something just ain't right!

Is there a list somewhere of bad apps for the iPad 2? She has 190 on this thing and they all come from the iTunes app store. The device is stock and never jailbroken. Any suggestions other than loading 2-3 at a time and trying it... That could literally take a long time!

Thanks,
    Mickey

2. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

Mickey,

Applications from the iTunes App Store shouldn't cause the device to enter an unstable state. Did Apple send you back the same exact iPad 2, or was it a different one? I'd take it into a local Apple Store (if one is near you) and have them swap it out.

Also, have you tried restoring the device on different computers?

3. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Yes it is the same device according to the serial number. I have restored it only on her PC because that is where her backup is located.the nearest Apple store is about 2.5 hours 1 way so that is my last resort.

4. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

You can, if you want, transfer the backup to another PC should it actually properly restore to iOS 5.

5. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Are you using wifi sync?

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Oh yeah, I remember that. It took me six hours to figure out that it was what was causing my restores to hang about a year and a half ago.

7. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Hey everyone I am not using wifi sync and again since I got the iPad back I had no problem doing the restore from backup. The restore worked with no problem.

My problem as I stated above is that since I did the backup I did have a very strange event later the same day where it appeared like it was dead and I thought it wasn't going to wake up. Look again at my original post. "I literally had to press and hold the power/home buttons for a minute and look at the Apple for almost 5 minutes... "

Now it hasn't happened since but it's only been less than a day so far.

8. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Froze up again last night and the good thing is that my wife had a Jackson Trip today so she walked out of the Apple store up there with a brand new iPad 2 at no charge! She carried the paperwork from Apple Care showing they found no issue but they determined it was something to do with the hardware. They finally got it wiped and restored as new and within a few minutes it was useless again!

Anyway thanks and here's to another successful Apple warranty issue! And no I did not buy any extra warranty of any kind on this iPad.