iPad 2 HDMI adapter

jb72

Jun 25, 2010
When I use my iPad 2 to mirror with my tv, the Aple HDMI adapter doesn't stay plugged in well while gaming. Does anyone know of a better cable or perhaps a way to keep the cable plugged in more securely.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It doesn't sound like you're mirroring. Mirroring is cable-free way to view what's on your iPad 2 on your TV via an Apple TV 2. Rather than buying another cable, why not just buy an Apple TV 2? They are on sale for $89. It's well worth the money, IMO.

jb72

Jun 25, 2010
It doesn't sound like you're mirroring. Mirroring is cable-free way to view what's on your iPad 2 on your TV via an Apple TV 2. Rather than buying another cable, why not just buy an Apple TV 2? They are on sale for $89. It's well worth the money, IMO.
I am using my iPad when I am on the road. I connect to the TV in the motel room to play games. I really do not wish to bring my Apple TV along with me ... just one more thing to drag along. My HDMI works but it keeps coming unplugged, so I was looking for a more secure plug.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Why don't you try a small piece of tape?

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Actually mirroring via the hdmi came first before iOS 5 the Apple tv only AirPlayed certain things but with the big update it enabled total mirroring wirelessly. The iPad 2 shipped with ios 4 and the ability to mirror with the hdmi adapter Apple sells. It has space for hdmi cord and regular charge cord, it is cumbersome to be hooked to a cord but functions same as Apple tv mirroring. As for help with the cord problem try a different hdmi cable, you can buy them cheap off amazon(never pay more than $10 for one because they are all the same cheap or expensive, the cord is no worse off if it's cheap).

Here's the link to what I'm referencing and assuming jb is using

http://store.apple.com/xc/product/MC953ZM/A

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
^ Yeah, that's right. I forgot about that. Thanks.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I have found (before i got the Apple TV2) that using the HDMI adapter and cord often came unplugged as well. My only suggestion is to get the lightest, longest, and most flexible HDMI cord you can. Or of course an Apple TV2. If space is the issue - remember they are tiny! my only gripe with carrying it around would be the constant fire drill i would need to perform to re-hook it up to my home theater system which is nicely compact in my entertainment center console.

Oct 3, 2009
I have found (before i got the Apple TV2) that using the HDMI adapter and cord often came unplugged as well. My only suggestion is to get the lightest, longest, and most flexible HDMI cord you can. Or of course an Apple TV2. If space is the issue - remember they are tiny! my only gripe with carrying it around would be the constant fire drill i would need to perform to re-hook it up to my home theater system which is nicely compact in my entertainment center console.
That's why I am considering a second Apple TV. It's just a big PITA to pull the ATV out of my entertainment center. And then when it's out, no one else can watch it.