iPad 2 photo question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Okie556

Jan 23, 2012
Have pictures I downloaded to iPad from SD card and then made a special album for them. When I try to delete the original imported pictures, it deletes from new album as well. How can I delete imported pics and keep the same picture that I save to a new album?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Have pictures I downloaded to iPad from SD card and then made a special album for them. When I try to delete the original imported pictures, it deletes from new album as well. How can I delete imported pics and keep the same picture that I save to a new album?
When you make a new album and move pictures to it (within the photo app) it make a short cut to the original. When you delete the original it deletes the new one also.
Make a new folder on your pc with the photos you want in it. Sync it to your iPad then delete the one you don want from your imported folder.

Okie556

Jan 23, 2012
Thanks! When I purchased IPad and synced to PC through iTunes, I choose not to download any photos on PC because I have so many and was concerned about memory space on my 16g IPad. I have taken new pics with iPad and imported new pics from sd card to iPad. Can I send these new pictures from iPad to my pc then edit as needed an then only move wanted pictures and albums back to iPad?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
When you plug your iPad into your pc it should recognize it as a device/camera and allow you to transfer your photos from iPad to pc. You can then make photo albums on your pc and then sync those albums back to your iPad

Okie556

Jan 23, 2012
Thanks again. Will try this. Just hoping I can transfer selected picture albums from pc back to iPad as I mentioned. Do not want to transfer all pics from pc to iPad.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Thanks again. Will try this. Just hoping I can transfer selected picture albums from pc back to iPad as I mentioned. Do not want to transfer all pics from pc to iPad.
In whatever program u use on your pc just make a folder with the pics you want to go back to the iPad. In iTunes under your device click in the photo tab and choose sync folders and choose the folder you just made.