iPad 2 screen freezes up

Discussion in 'iPad 2' started by Prozium12, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I've had my ipad2 for just over 12 mths all was fine until about a month ago when the screen would freeze up and nothing would work I had to turn of and restart then it would be ok for 50% of the battery life then the screen started flashing grey and white all this while using an app such as google+ then in the end it would freeze up and I would have to switch off then if I download a new app it gets half way threw the download and stops and it would be like I'd never tried to download the app I've kept my ipad2 in a good leather case it's had no drops or knocks I've done soft and full hard resets and still the screen is starting to flash and go off as if the battery was flat,sometimes it works fine for half a day then starts playing up I'm not a heavy user as when I'm at work I take my iPhone then use iPad at night, anyone have any ideas... When I bought the iPad 2 32 gb wifi&3g I also took out the extra 5 year breakdown or accident damage cover my problem is would I still be able to get a like for like replacement with the new iPads just being released...plus would they want to take my iPad for testing if so how long do you think as its my only device no laptop anymore....any ideas welcome thanks..

2. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

First try closing all your apps on the task bar and reboot. All those programs sitting there can take up memory. If that don't work I would take it in. Depending on who you bought it from it could take a couple days to a couple weeks to fix or test. I would ask for a loaner of some sort.

3. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Who did you buy the insurance / coverage from?

4. runningbear30

runningbear30 Member
    Bronze

I have always been of the thought that all electronic devices are somewhat like a light bulb, one day they work the next time they are turned on they don't. Or maybe not just like a light bulb they turn on but do not work as they did before. I feel all of us who buy high priced T.V.s Digital cameras, computers, phones. and all new Autos and trucks that that today have many electronic controls and also computers. understand that they have a probability failing. For many an insurance policy is a good choice, you have to look at the cost of it against the replacement cost of your device. Myself I feel if a electronic keeps working the first 90 days it has a high chance of working longer. How much longer is just a wild guess, and I just don't try guessing about it. I also feel as new devices of the same kind like iPad1 iPad2 iPad3&4 and the new minis, reach the market. If my iPad gets three years of service I am happy. when people dish out from $500 to $850US they really hope the device will be working a long time. It's always going to be a gamble of is it worth buying insurance or just in hopes of it lasting.

5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Two more options if the above doesn't work would be (1) to restore from the last back-up in iTunes or (2) restore it back to factory original from iTunes. Before restoring back to factory original, it would be a good idea to make a list of the apps you have on it just in case. You will need that list to put the apps back in should the restore to factory settings work or if it doesn't work you will need it for the unit you get to replace the one you have now. In any case, once you have the old one up an running or another iPad to replace it, make a back-up of it in iTunes and do so often. IMHO you can never have too many back-ups. One last note, if the factory reset worked when the restore from back-up did not then that back-up is suspect and a new one should be made ASAP. Let us know how you make out.