iPad 2 Smashed

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I've had an iPhone for 4 years and never broke a screen. Taking my dog out to the car to head to the park, I had my iPad 2 in it's case (sleeve) and under my arm. However this arm was attached to the hand holding her leash. She NEVER pulls when I walk her and for some reason as soon as I opened my front door she did an all out sprint. This caused my arm to lift up and the iPad to fall. It fell perfectly hitting on the bottom right corner. The aftermath. See below if you have a good stomach. Going to Apple store at 7:10 to pay for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
You're right. Not a sight for the faint of heart. Good Luck with Apple.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
That really sucks. Hopefully they can do a "freebie".

Sent from my iPad 2 using the iCafe app

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
WOW! Holy Smokes! That really sucks! Will they just replace the glass or do they give you a whole new one?

Sorry that happened.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Is it still alive, or is it dead?

Sorry for your loss.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
It's alive. Everything works but its a bit vicious now. Wouldent wanna run my finger across it.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It's alive. Everything works but its a bit vicious now. Wouldent wanna run my finger across it.
I bounced my iPhone off the concrete the other day... I didn't want to pick it up, I thought it was smashed. I walked away without a scratch.

How much has Apple quoted to fix the screen? Also, is the corner dinted?

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I feel for you, that is a nightmare. Good luck with Apple, you never know what they can do for you to help you out.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I bounced my iPhone off the concrete the other day... I didn't want to pick it up, I thought it was smashed. I walked away without a scratch.

How much has Apple quoted to fix the screen? Also, is the corner dinted?
naked or cased iPhonewarrior?

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Now this one is for the iPad 1, but Otterbox will be coming out with one for the iPad 2 shortly. Jump on that Son! U can't have this happen again!
That's what I have on both my iPad, and iPhone...at least till my LifeProof comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
OUCH. Good luck man. Let us know how it turns out.

lionqueen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2009
Beautiful San Francisco
Good luck. Be friendly and honest to the genius at Apple, and you might get lucky and get it replaced for free. Hope it works out :)

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Why I Love Apple (this deserved a title - guess how it turns out)
Went into the Apple Store at 6:50 for my 7:10 genius bar appointment, was helped around 6:55.

I was asked what they could help me with. I did a half laugh, half whimper and pulled out this iPad 2 turned abomination. Explained my store in full and was completely honost. 10 minutes later after he had written his report, he explains the following. This is as close as I can get it to word for word

"We can't replace the glass because the damage is too severe. That costs $250. We will have to replace the whole thing. This costs $349. But, we understand accidents happen, and you just got this 2 weeks ago. Apple isn't trying to break anyone's bank. We want you to enjoy it. So we are going to replace it for free."

I felt like giving the guy a hug, but instead just breathed a sigh of releif and said, (probably 3 or 4 times), "I can't tell you how miuch I appreciate that."

So in 3-5 businesss days they are going to give me a call at which time I bring back the broken one (I took it home with me) and they give me a brand new one. Man, if I was a fanboy before, im not sure what I am now, but I have definitely been promoted. I'm not a religious person at all, but leaving the Apple store I immediately pulled behind someone in my car who had a license plate that said "THKQGOD"

Today I was supposed to meet my girlfriend at her house at 5:30, but I was finishing up a podcast and didn't get out of my house until 6. When it happened I had that feeling that if I had left when I was supposed to this wouldn't have happened. I was actually thinking in my head that someone was out to get me. Crazyness

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
That is awesome! Congrats on such a win!

Nothing beats free!

That really really really went well!

Hope for the rest of us if we run into this problem.