iPad 2 Smashed

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
You scammer! j/k lol but that is what everyone else would have called me if I would have posted this thread. Kinda funny I know ...
Hah. Why would they call you a scammer? I told the truth, admitted the blame. I went in with the expectation of paying a large fee to get it fixed/replaced and Apple made the decision to make me an even happier customer and do me a favor. Whatever they based that decision on was not influenced by me in anyway described to me. I could giuess all day. Maybe they saw I was on this forum and wanted a happy outcome? Maybe my podcast? Maybe my loyalty to them since the first iPhone?. I would not have called you a scammer, thats for sure.

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Hah. Why would they call you a scammer? I told the truth, admitted the blame. I went in with the expectation of paying a large fee to get it fixed/replaced and Apple made the decision to make me an even happier customer and do me a favor. Whatever they based that decision on was not influenced by me in anyway. I would not have called you a scammer, thats for sure.
When he says "they", he means us here on eiC, because everyone gives him such a hard time about all his problems....

Skb2000

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 1, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
www.sherrylbuchler.com
Nice ending to the story! Congrats. I just picked up my ipad this morning but I need a case for it. Since I wasn't intending to get it so fast, I have no clue what cases are out there... I guess it is research for me.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Customer Service at it's Best. Great ending.
I would say extraordinary customer service. Not sure I can think many (any) other companies that would go this far to please the customer. Good customer service would have been a kind explanation and making the replacement process easy. Doing it for free is in the extraordinary bucket.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I was mad at her at first, but they I realized, shes a dog! She has no idea what an iPad 2 is, that I was holding it, what holding means etc. She probably saw a bird, heard a car etc and took off to check it out. She is a bird dog after all. So as mad as I was at her at first, I realize it was my fault. I am the human, I can use logic and solve problems, not her. From now on iPad goes in car before she does. Plus, who can stay mad at a face like this:

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I was mad at her at first, but they I realized, shes a dog! She has no idea what an iPad 2 is, that I was holding it, what holding means etc. She probably saw a bird, heard a car etc and took off to check it out. She is a bird dog after all. So as mad as I was at her at first, I realize it was my fault. I am the human, I can use logic and solve problems, not her. From now on iPad goes in car before she does. Plus, who can stay mad at a face like this:

View attachment 16554

View attachment 16555
I would been really pissed, I woulda probably kindly gave it to a friend. But, that is still a wreally cuttee puppy!

Sent from my iPad 2 using the iCafe app

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I was totally kidding. I'm a huge dog lover and she's an adorable dog. I would've been annoyed for a couple minutes but, same as you, would then recognize it's totally my fault.

Also, did you see my PM to you?

kyleplusitunes

Silver
Jun 25, 2010
I've owned an iPhone since 2007, had them all, over the winter I broke the glass for the first time, they replaced my iPhone for free, it's customer service like Apple's that is the reason I dropped 2,500 on a MacBook pro.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I was totally kidding. I'm a huge dog lover and she's an adorable dog. I would've been annoyed for a couple minutes but, same as you, would then recognize it's totally my fault.

Also, did you see my PM to you?
Hah the Apple store guy asked me that too after I explained. I just responded to the PM.