iPad 2 Smashed

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Got her! Perfect. Wow I am so appreciative of Apple. They handed it to me like it was a bag of pencils.

Last edited by a moderator:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That's basically what I thought you meant. Just thought it might be an idiom I was unaware of. :)

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Awesome story! This is one of the most heart-warming Apple stories I have read. I'm happy it all worked out so well for you. If that was me I would be a customer for life, and a potential buyer of future products. I already am but that would cement it for me.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Awesome story! This is one of the most heart-warming Apple stories I have read. I'm happy it all worked out so well for you. If that was me I would be a customer for life, and a potential buyer of future products. I already am but that would cement it for me.
Thanks and it certainly did cement me as a life-long customer (not that I wasn't before)

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
My sister just had the same positive experience from the Apple store with a cracked iPad screen. They are not only replacing the iPad but also the smart screen cover. I bet she is now going to think twice handing her iPad to her 2 year old kid.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I dropped my lovely white iPad 2 flat on the concrete of my driveway, screen down (ouch!). The glass was shattered in dozens of pieces, but it still worked! I rushed to my Apple store at the mall where a huge sign said "Sorry, we're out of iPads". I went to the genius' desk, where I was advised I couldn't talk to them without an appointment, and yes, they were out of iPads for sale, but... maybe they had a replacement after all.
5 minutes later, I left the store with an identical iPad at no charge.
Now that's customer service like no other.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I dropped my lovely white iPad 2 flat on the concrete of my driveway, screen down (ouch!). The glass was shattered in dozens of pieces, but it still worked! I rushed to my Apple store at the mall where a huge sign said "Sorry, we're out of iPads". I went to the genius' desk, where I was advised I couldn't talk to them without an appointment, and yes, they were out of iPads for sale, but... maybe they had a replacement after all.
5 minutes later, I left the store with an identical iPad at no charge.
Now that's customer service like no other.
Was it the iPad 1 or 2?

Pettythief

Bronze
Jan 24, 2011
I just paid an extra 200 dollars for 4 years damage policy. If Apple just replace it anyway was I just wasting my money?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I just paid an extra 200 dollars for 4 years damage policy. If Apple just replace it anyway was I just wasting my money?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
Nah your not wasting your money because in our cases they don't have to replace it. They are only because it's so new. They prob would not have replaced mine should this have happened 3 months from now. However, the receipt I have says replacement iPad 2 $300, due $0. So if you need to replace you will be saving $100