iPad 2 volume button got jammed in the middle!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by campaign852, Nov 8, 2011.

1. campaign852

campaign852 New Member

Hey guys. So I'm gonna be honest. I was walking up my stairs and slipped with my iPad in hand. I caught myself without any serious damage to myself or the iPad. Everything looked fine, no scratches etc until I just tried to play a video and the volume wouldn't go up!

The volume button seemed to have been hit during this fall and jammed in. I can't change the volume at all and the volume icon is stuck on the front of my screen. I can tell by looking that the button is physically jammed in the middle.

Any ideas on what to do to fix this? If I take it into Apple will they repair for free? Is this any easy fix? I bought this about 2 weeks ago. Should i tell them something else happened besides the fact I fell? ahhh, please any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

#1 campaign852, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
  2. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

My suggestion - and this has worked for me in the past - is to go into Apple and tell them the truth. Tell them you slipped - the button does not work - you just bought it. I dropped mine 2 weeks after having it - shattered the screen. When I went in I told them exactly what happened and they replaced for free. They generally have had a one time replacement relaxed rule - but with Applecare+ rolling out there was some rumors that it was being tightened up a bit. So go in, tell the truth, if they replace/fix for free great, if you have to pay a bit, such is life.