iPad 3 Jailbroken, No ETA On Public Release

Christopher Meinck

Administrator
Administrator
Sep 13, 2008
So the iPad has been jailbroken, but that's all we've got. No word on when it will be available for public release. It's certainly encouraging, but I think we'll all be happier when we get a release date.

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
Gee... took him long enough :p

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Ah, the jailbreak community makes me so happy. Now let's hope I don't have to wait 10 months again to get this baby jailbroken!

Phil DeLong

Bronze
Jan 16, 2011
IN
Hopefully this means we'll see the untethered 5.1 jailbreak for iPhone soon then, I shouldn't have updated without it.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Bump... Still no idea on when the new iPad will have an untethered jailbreak?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Bump... Still no idea on when the new iPad will have an untethered jailbreak?
Heck, I'd be happy with a tethered one. I never had a problem with tethered jailbreak on my iPad 1 since it hardly ever was rebooted.

Now if it was my phone that would be a different story.

So right now I'll take ANY jailbreak solution for me iPad 3. :)

Michael

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I actually would love to have the iPad 3 jailbroken - there's a certain baseball app that I need to redirect my location to ;)

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
All I want is to be able to change the output of my TV connection to widescreen as I'm tired of not using all of my screen real estate. I can't believe that Apple hasn't made a wide screen option stock so that we don't have to seek jailbreak!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I actually would love to have the iPad 3 jailbroken - there's a certain baseball app that I need to redirect my location to ;)
Me too! I miss being in the middle of nowhere in North Dakota. ;)

Michael

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
All I want is to be able to change the output of my TV connection to widescreen as I'm tired of not using all of my screen real estate. I can't believe that Apple hasn't made a wide screen option stock so that we don't have to seek jailbreak!
That bugs the heck out of me.

But I assume you mean when using a cable connection? I only use Airplay Mirroring.

Mike

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Either way. I've tried both ways and they are 4X3 for me so whenever I hit the zoom button on the TV remote to try and stretch out the sides closer to the edges of the TV, I lose some of the iPad's display off the top and the bottom of the TV.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Either way. I've tried both ways and they are 4X3 for me so whenever I hit the zoom button on the TV remote to try and stretch out the sides closer to the edges of the TV, I lose some of the iPad's display off the top and the bottom of the TV.
Does the jailbreak solution to force it full screen work for AirPlay mirroring?

Thanks.

Mike

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I don't know since I last used TVOut 2 before Apple TV, but I remember being able to set the width and height of the desired display so that it would go as close as I wanted to the edges of my TV and still look great. It basically forced the iPad to produce a wide screen output! But I only used a cable for this app so who knows.

What I don't get is why in the world doesn't Apple simple include a wide screen option. It's really not that hard and 90-95% of TVs today are wide screen. I have an Asus Transformer Prime and when I plug it into my TV it automatically fills every inch of the TV screen and looks great.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I don't know since I last used TVOut 2 before Apple TV, but I remember being able to set the width and height of the desired display so that it would go as close as I wanted to the edges of my TV and still look great. It basically forced the iPad to produce a wide screen output! But I only used a cable for this app so who knows.

What I don't get is why in the world doesn't Apple simple include a wide screen option. It's really not that hard and 90-95% of TVs today are wide screen. I have an Asus Transformer Prime and when I plug it into my TV it automatically fills every inch of the TV screen and looks great.
Yes it seems very un-apple-like to have it display like that. I can see portrait mode not filling the screen but not landscape.

Alas, I suspect that TVOut will do nothing for AirPlay. Maybe there is, or will be, another solution for that.

Michael