iPad 3 Jailbroken, No ETA On Public Release

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Christopher Meinck, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Christopher Meinck

Christopher Meinck Administrator
    Administrator

So the iPad has been jailbroken, but that's all we've got. No word on when it will be available for public release. It's certainly encouraging, but I think we'll all be happier when we get a release date.

2. KrakaJap

KrakaJap Zealot
    Gold

Gee... took him long enough :p

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Haven't even received my new iPad and this cat already has root access.

4. seanwes

seanwes Zealot
    Gold

Ah, the jailbreak community makes me so happy. Now let's hope I don't have to wait 10 months again to get this baby jailbroken!

5. Phil DeLong

Phil DeLong Member
    Bronze

Hopefully this means we'll see the untethered 5.1 jailbreak for iPhone soon then, I shouldn't have updated without it.

6. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Bump... Still no idea on when the new iPad will have an untethered jailbreak?

7. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

Heck, I'd be happy with a tethered one. I never had a problem with tethered jailbreak on my iPad 1 since it hardly ever was rebooted.

Now if it was my phone that would be a different story.

So right now I'll take ANY jailbreak solution for me iPad 3. :)

Michael

8. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

I actually would love to have the iPad 3 jailbroken - there's a certain baseball app that I need to redirect my location to ;)

9. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

All I want is to be able to change the output of my TV connection to widescreen as I'm tired of not using all of my screen real estate. I can't believe that Apple hasn't made a wide screen option stock so that we don't have to seek jailbreak!

10. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

Me too! I miss being in the middle of nowhere in North Dakota. ;)

Michael

11. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

That bugs the heck out of me.

But I assume you mean when using a cable connection? I only use Airplay Mirroring.

Mike

12. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Either way. I've tried both ways and they are 4X3 for me so whenever I hit the zoom button on the TV remote to try and stretch out the sides closer to the edges of the TV, I lose some of the iPad's display off the top and the bottom of the TV.

13. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

Does the jailbreak solution to force it full screen work for AirPlay mirroring?

Thanks.

Mike

14. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

I don't know since I last used TVOut 2 before Apple TV, but I remember being able to set the width and height of the desired display so that it would go as close as I wanted to the edges of my TV and still look great. It basically forced the iPad to produce a wide screen output! But I only used a cable for this app so who knows.

What I don't get is why in the world doesn't Apple simple include a wide screen option. It's really not that hard and 90-95% of TVs today are wide screen. I have an Asus Transformer Prime and when I plug it into my TV it automatically fills every inch of the TV screen and looks great.

15. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

Yes it seems very un-apple-like to have it display like that. I can see portrait mode not filling the screen but not landscape.

Alas, I suspect that TVOut will do nothing for AirPlay. Maybe there is, or will be, another solution for that.

Michael