iPad 4 owners

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
When comparing cameras on the iPad mini and iPad 4, I too noticed a yellow or should I say 'warmer' display color on the iPad 4.

Nov 9, 2012
I looked at the mini I have a 7 inch Galaxy Tab and a Galaxy 10.1 note also a iPad2. I can tell you the smaller tablets may be cute and easy to carry around. But they sure are not as easy to use. I bought the iPad4 if you have the IPad3 you have the better screen already, there is a faster processor in the 4 but you will hardly notice any better performance. I notice nothing between my iPad2 and new 4,other then much clearer text viewing. I looked at screens side by side and in truth when viewing videos and pictures I see little difference. The mini at $325 16gb sure did not show me anything my Galaxy Tab2 at $199 is a deal could not do,and my Tab and note have a micro memory slot,that the iPads do not have.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I looked at the mini I have a 7 inch Galaxy Tab and a Galaxy 10.1 note also a iPad2. I can tell you the smaller tablets may be cute and easy to carry around. But they sure are not as easy to use. I bought the iPad4 if you have the IPad3 you have the better screen already, there is a faster processor in the 4 but you will hardly notice any better performance. I notice nothing between my iPad2 and new 4,other then much clearer text viewing. I looked at screens side by side and in truth when viewing videos and pictures I see little difference. The mini at $325 16gb sure did not show me anything my Galaxy Tab2 at $199 is a deal could not do,and my Tab and note have a micro memory slot,that the iPads do not have.
Not to get to far off topic as the OP wants iPad 3 -v- iPad 4 comparisons

But

I agree that I imagine most will not notice any difference whatsoever between the 3 and the 4 as far as speed goes. There should be zero difference in screen since it it exactly the same.

I previously had a Galaxy Tab 10.1, 7.0 Plus and a 8.9 and I thought all 3 were sluggish! And calling them sluggish is being nice!

The mini, as with any iPad -v- Android Tablet discussion boils down to many factors that each and every user will differ on what is important and what is not.

The mini blows the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus away for ME in the following areas that are important to ME:

-- Larger screen, yet still portable
-- User interface
-- Smoothness of the UI
-- Apple ecosystem
-- AirPlay ability
-- Coming to this awesome forum instead of XDA (yawn)

The fit and feel in the hand along with build quality are night and day as well..

My .02

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I have the 3 and 4 and would be happy to do any direct comparisons you're interested in - even videos if that'll help. In terms of productivity type software and light things like email, there isn't a whole lot that you'll notice, because most of the time is spent waiting on you to do something, rather than waiting on the app to do something. The occasional rendering stutter when scrolling through heavy web pages that is present on iPad 3 is less prominent in the iPad 4, but for the most part this is only noticeable in a few cases.

Apps that have to do a lot of stuff to render are very clearly faster - iPhoto and iMovie come to mind. Also, compressing videos to share via email and whatnot.

Multitasking is a lot smoother, so if your workflow has you swapping back and forth between apps a lot, it's a better experience on iPad 4.

Software updates, as it turns out, are MUCH faster. Like, more than twice as fast. I did the 6.0.1 update on both at the same time, and the iPad 4 was done within a few minutes while the iPad 3 was chugging along for about 10 minutes. They were both downloaded and started verifying at the same time, but the 4 left the 3 in the dust. Guess those extra gigglehertz came in handy.