iPad Air 2 shipping thread

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2' started by Apple4me, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

Looks like Thursday is the day that those of us who ordered on pre-order morning will receive their shiny new iPad Air 2's:

Order Number xxxxxxxx | Ordered on October 17, 2014

Your shipment is on its way.
    Here are your shipment details and tracking information.

Shipped: Delivers Oct 23, 2014 by Standard Shipping

[​IMG] Signature required.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi 64GB - Space Gray

#1 Apple4me, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
  2. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your initial thoughts on it.. I passed on the upgrade from the Air but may reconsider depending..

3. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

Yeah I passed on the Air 2. The original Air that I have is great and I don't ever upgrade the iPads every year. In fact the original iPad mini is still chugging along.

4. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

Well, I have a wife and two young adult children at home and we have a pass down routine for iPads. I get the latest, my wife gets mine, my oldest gets hers and my youngest gets his. Everybody is happy, and I get a new iPad every year :)

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

What does the family dog get? A pad of Post-Its? :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

The three dogs get food and water everyday, if they behave ;-)

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums

7. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

Received my iPad Air 2 (space grey 64gb wifi) yesterday at about noon. I have used it extensively since then and am happy to report that it is a winner! It's not a giant leap from my iPad Air, but has just enough new stuff to make it worthwhile for me.

First, I love the Touch ID since I unlock the screen dozens of times a day and it's just plain easier to do so with my finger than it is to type in a four digit code every time.

Second, believe it or not, it does feel lighter and thinner than my iPad Air. Regardless of how many millimeters thinner it is on paper, it just feels lighter and thinner.

I haven't really noticed any performance improvements, but then again I don't play games or use any other cpu or graphic intensive apps. It does very smooth and I haven't felt even the slightest bit of hesitation or lag in anything I've done with it.

The good news is, the new Air fits fine in my Gripster Wrap case from my original iPad Air. I suspect that the new Air will fit in most cases designed for the original Air.

I'm taking the new Air on a 3 day weekend this weekend and should have plenty of time to gain more experience with the device while away.

So far, I am loving it!

8. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Awesome! I am still on the fence but numerous reviews are saying that it flat out screams with the new 8X processor. Some are even go so far as to say it's at a traditional PC power level..

I am hitting the Apple store today to look at a 5K iMac and will no doubt look at the Air 2.. A lot of reviews are saying the screen looks much better, is this your experience with it?

I might hold out for the LTE version and I don't think that they are available in store yet.

9. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

I'll be honest, my tired old eyes haven't noticed a difference in the screen. I'll have to borrow my old Air back from my wife and do a side-by-side comparison.

10. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Just back home from the Apple store. I brought my Air with me to compare and yes indeed that Air 2 screen looks better. A lot better actually. It almost feels like the icons on it are going to jump out at you..

It is lighter feeling and thinner than my Air.. I was tempted and still am but am going to wait a day or so before deciding..

11. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I have to admit that despite my initial excitement when I saw that they have GOLD, I have since waivered, and will likely not upgrade this time.Just not practical really, and the current Mini does what I need it to.

That being said, I did go onto Apple's website last night and saw that I could reserve one for pickup at the local store closest to me, which is 150 miles away. Next time I'm in the neighborhood, around November 1, I will likely drop in and see what they're like to hold and look at.

12. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Pre ordered mine Friday and it arrived today,wow that's what I was hoping for after using my iPad 2 since it was released it was time for an upgrade and I now see how much the last couple of iOS updates had slowed down my old iPad 2 there's no lag any more and the retina screen is awesome, now I've just got to get a case for it..

Sent using iCafe app

13. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

FTFY. :D

15. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I got an email from Apple telling me that my original delivery date of the 23/10/14 wouldn't be met and it was put back to the 27/10 so they said to make up for that they would send me a free case for my iPad Air 2 so I emailed them today told them I'd received my iPad just got to wait and see what they send I did put in the email that I wanted a case like the Logitech hinge case.