iPad Air cases

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by ricks2gtouch, Nov 9, 2013.

1. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I searched and didn't find a thread to discuss iPad Air cases in general. Anyone find anything good, yet? I haven't been looking at keyboard cases. I looked at the $55 offering at the AT&T store. I found it to be way overpriced for what it was. In the past, I have used the "leather" folio case from Amazon. The last one I bought was the Bear Motion case. This time, I found the Fintie brand folio for $5 shipped. It just came in today and It isn't bad. You know, for $5. The Air fits right. All the cut outs are correct and the sleep/wake feature works as it should. Also, I was pleasantly surprised by the corner protection, which is better than the Bear folio I used for my iPad 2.

2. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot
    Gold

I bought 5 cases off of Amazon so far and out of all of them I like the Moko slim folding case the best. It is a simple leather "book" style case that has decent stitching and seems pretty durable. I had an almost identical case by Poetic for my iPad 3 and loved it.

Sent using iCafe app

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I've had a targus that can be rotated and stood up either direction. That's what I'm seeking now.

Sent using iCafe app

4. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot
    Gold

My wife had a semi hard plastic X case that snapped on her ipad 2 on the corners and in the middle of the x was a loop handle to easily hold onto the iPad. I gave the case away and have no clue who made it. I need to find something like that for my Wife's iPad Air so she will talk to me again. ;-)

Sent using iCafe app

5. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

6. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

7. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Never mind again. I've decided I'm going to bite the bullet and just get a brown smart case. It's expensive, but it'll look super nice with the way it's supposed to wear and age.

8. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

I purchased the DODOcase durable ipad air sleeve. Won't get it for a couple weeks :-(

image.jpg image.jpg

9. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

I'm looking for an inexpensive slim case. It should work like Apple's Smart Cover when it flips open. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using

#9 budala15, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
  10. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

There a lot of options at amazon.com.

11. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

12. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

#12 budala15, Nov 17, 2013
  13. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Not sure, haven't tried them. But I'm not sure how you can improve on the poetic for the price, unless you just prefer the looks of another case. The fit and functionality is great.

14. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

How does the stand hold up the iPad? Is it flimsy or very solid? Does the sleep/wake option work well?

#14 budala15, Nov 17, 2013
  15. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

I was also looking at the Invellop case which is #1 on amazon currently. $20 plus $5 shipping. Poetic is $10 plus $8 shipping.

#15 budala15, Nov 17, 2013
  16. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Keep in mind, I used mine in an ipad mini, but the stand on it worked great. The case just has a cutout for the power button, no cover. It is easy to access.

17. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I've used the Poetic cases on numerous devices. Not great, but very good. Price definitely a factor and I feel you get plenty of value. I've read a lot of good things about Invellop. $8 for shipping seems a lot. Might be a third party shipping it.

18. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

The Moko cases are just flat AWESOME. I had one for my iPad 3 and it lasted the year I had it and the guy I sold my iPad to now uses it and he loves it. I got the Slim Folio and it's awesome. The corners are well protected and the stand is second to none. Sleep/wake feature works well and it has a clasp that keeps is closed. Great protection, not a ton of bulk. For the price, I don't think you can beat it. It's leather-like, but we'll made. I don't think you can go wrong with either Moko or Poetic, though. Other cases are simply over-priced.

Sent using iCafe app

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I was about to order an Apple Smart Cover, but I wasn't really happy with any of the colors, so I searched for magenta cases on Amazon and saw the Invellops. Wow, the reviews are great and it's only $15 + shipping . I'm going to order this one for my mini.

20. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Man...I always want to be the guy that puts a cool color on his iPad...however, I ALWAYS revert back to understated black/black carbon fiber. My wife won't let me get anything else now because I always end up back with black. ;)

Sent using iCafe app