iPad Air cases

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
The product description for the Invellops case said it not only had magnets on the front but also had them on the back. This was to keep the front flap magnetized to the back of the case during use.
Is that when it's folded back flat? Or folded back in the wedge shape? Because the smart case does have magnets that hold it in the wedge shape.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Is that when it's folded back flat? Or folded back in the wedge shape? Because the smart case does have magnets that hold it in the wedge shape.
Folded back

Sent from my iPad using my finger.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Folded back flat.

budala15

Bronze
Nov 17, 2013
The Moko ultra slim smart shell case is fantastic! Just got it today.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I decided I wanted a full case, so I just returned my light grey Smart Cover and got a black Apple Smart Case for my rMini. This case is really nice - I love it!

Pros:
•Genuine leather
•Perfect fit
•Unobtrusive lip
•The openings for the ports, noise-canceling mic and camera openings are all perfectly placed
•Lightweight and not too bulky
•No flaps or clips to get in the way during usage
•Magnets/wakes on open

Cons:
•Cost
•Doesn't appear that it will be super stable when propped up in video mode

It's expensive, but I'm really happy with this case. The black looks really classy on the space grey iPad mini. I wanted a high-quality, moderately protective, lightweight case with a perfect fit. This was exactly what I was looking for.

9/10

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I decided I wanted a full case, so I just returned my light grey Smart Cover and got a black Apple Smart Case for my rMini. This case is really nice - I love it!

Pros:
•Genuine leather
•Perfect fit
•Unobtrusive lip
•The openings for the ports, noise-canceling mic and camera openings are all perfectly placed
•Lightweight and not too bulky
•No flaps or clips to get in the way during usage
•Magnets/wakes on open

Cons:
•Cost
•Doesn't appear that it will be super stable when propped up in video mode

It's expensive, but I'm really happy with this case. The black looks really classy on the space grey iPad mini. I wanted a high-quality, moderately protective, lightweight case with a perfect fit. This was exactly what I was looking for.

9/10
Good morning. I think I am interested in something like this for my Air. However, I am really concerned with protection. How do you think this case would protect for a corner drop? Does the cover stay closed and flat?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Good morning. I think I am interested in something like this for my Air. However, I am really concerned with protection. How do you think this case would protect for a corner drop? Does the cover stay closed and flat?
I think it would protect it with a corner drop from a few feet. It looks like it will provide a similar amount of protection to the new leather Apple 5/5s cases.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
Thanks! I've got a tough decision to make then. It's a pricey decision, for sure.

Dec 2, 2013
I can't decide which case because I need it to be compatible with my glass screen protector also - which is pretty thick at 0.4mm!

budala15

Bronze
Nov 17, 2013
Has anyone found a slim, lightweight case for the Air? So far any case from Moko has been bulky.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
Last edited:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I used to be into Vaja Cases, but given the speed at which technology moves, I'm not sure I could ever justify the cost of one of their cases. Plus, there are some very good options at much lower prices.

Haven't heard of Graf & Lantz, but will check them out, see what mini cases they have. Thanks!

Mike245

Jan 2, 2014
Picked up the Airbender 2.0 and used it over the last 3 weeks. Very surprised and satisfied with it for the price. Surprised because of quality and weight compared to my old Clamcase

Mike245

Jan 2, 2014
I used a Clamcase on my iPad 3 for a long time and, while very heavy, it served the purpose. I was hesitant to put a case like that on the iPad Air based on weight but the Airbender 2.0 has turned out to be perfect for the light and thin iPad Air. I have used it for about 3 weeks now and it performs very well and as advertised (look at web site on it) and it even has the smart cover feature. I have never had a case (I've had a few!) that was as flexible as this one is to use. Not everyone needs a keyboard; however, this one is so easy to activate and use with iOS7 that I find myself using it more than I did the Clamcase. Finally, I am surprised at the $60 (+-) price. Another option.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I'm still using a leather-ish folio case. It' pretty much all I have ever used with my iPads. I just cannot bring myself to spend the money on the Apple smart case.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
In my neverending search for the perfect case, I recently got the Invellop Case Cover from Amazon. Looking for something a little smaller and lighter than the normal folio cases I use, but also wanted something that would at least give me the impression that the corners had some protection. I was worried about the case holding my iPad securely. But I stood over the bed and shook the case with the iPad in it trying to get it to come out, but it held very securely. The cover folds back and does a good job of serving as a stand - it doesn't knock over easily. This one is probably a keeper for me.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Cases are available at Bestbuy.com, Amazon.com and the Apple Smart Cover and Smart Case in the Apple Store online. I have been trying to decide which case to get for the iPad Air 2 coming this week hopefully. My current case is a Belkin Keyboard case. I love it for the keyboard, but I had how much bulk it adds and having to take the iPad out and put it back in when im just lounging on my couch browsing. I have used the Dodocase DUrable sleeve (above), and the Sena Ultraslim sleeve, but found that they were annoying because I would need to put the sleeve somewhere while using the iPad. I can't seem to find the balance between functionality and aesthetics im looking for so far.