iPad Air - I traded in my iPad Mini

Discussion in 'iPad Air' started by ivantwilliams, Jan 24, 2014.

1. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Earlier this evening I traded in my iPad Mini for an iPad Air.
    I'm in the process of setting it up, etc. I have to say, I've not watched a film or YouTube clip yet and I'm VERY impressed with the screen. I guess that's what a retina display does for you.

Simply impressive! No, seriously...

This is all @chris' fault!

Now I need a case...

2. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I would love to trade my mini for an air! Maybe in a few months.

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

CONGRATS! I know you're going to love the Air. It's impressive!

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The Air is filled with awesome. Seriously, it's just a beautiful tablet. We have a retina mini in my house and a mini. I love them both, but still miss the Air that I returned. It's everything that the iPad 3/4 were supposed to be..

I know they'll add Touch ID next year, but outside of that, where do they go from here? Upgraded cameras?

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They can always add a faster processor and improve battery life without making it heavier.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I think software optimization in iOS 7 and iOS 8 will naturally give the processor a boost. Battery life is also great. These are nice upgrades, but at this advanced stage of the product, these upgrades become somewhat negligible. I could say similar to the iPhone 5 to iPhone 5s. My wife has an iPhone 5. I don't use it often, but when I do, I don't notice a drop-off.

Do you think we'll see a benefit from software optimization either with future releases of iOS 7 or maybe iOS 8?

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I was referring to bigger batteries that last longer, not just software optimization. There's a lot of room for improvement in the front facing camera, too.