iPad Air - I traded in my iPad Mini

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Earlier this evening I traded in my iPad Mini for an iPad Air.
I'm in the process of setting it up, etc. I have to say, I've not watched a film or YouTube clip yet and I'm VERY impressed with the screen. I guess that's what a retina display does for you.

Simply impressive! No, seriously...

This is all @chris' fault!

Now I need a case...

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Earlier this evening I traded in my iPad Mini for an iPad Air.
I'm in the process of setting it up, etc. I have to say, I've not watched a film or YouTube clip yet and I'm VERY impressed with the screen. I guess that's what a retina display does for you.

Simply impressive! No, seriously...

This is all @chris' fault!

Now I need a case...

CONGRATS! I know you're going to love the Air. It's impressive!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
The Air is filled with awesome. Seriously, it's just a beautiful tablet. We have a retina mini in my house and a mini. I love them both, but still miss the Air that I returned. It's everything that the iPad 3/4 were supposed to be..

I know they'll add Touch ID next year, but outside of that, where do they go from here? Upgraded cameras?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
They can always add a faster processor and improve battery life without making it heavier.
I think software optimization in iOS 7 and iOS 8 will naturally give the processor a boost. Battery life is also great. These are nice upgrades, but at this advanced stage of the product, these upgrades become somewhat negligible. I could say similar to the iPhone 5 to iPhone 5s. My wife has an iPhone 5. I don't use it often, but when I do, I don't notice a drop-off.

Do you think we'll see a benefit from software optimization either with future releases of iOS 7 or maybe iOS 8?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I was referring to bigger batteries that last longer, not just software optimization. There's a lot of room for improvement in the front facing camera, too.