iPad Air Launch Day Plans

Discussion in 'iPad Air' started by bballrob, Oct 31, 2013.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

So, what are people planning for the iPad Air launch tomorrow. In my small town, we have 2 stores that sell iPads locally -- Fred Meyer and Wal-Mart.

Fred Meyer isn't sure if they will have them or not. They said to call back after 5 PM today as that is when their receiving department closes and they will know if they have received any. If they do, they will go on sale when the store opens at 7 AM tomorrow.

Wal-Mart was pretty sure they will have them. Call back after 4 PM to confirm. If they do indeed get some, they will be for sale at 12:01 AM tonight he said. They are open 24 hours. If they do, I will likely head over there around 6 pm to camp out if that is the case. That way I should have a good spot in line and at the same time avoid the masses of trick or treaters that will start arriving around 4 pm.

So, anyone camping out at an Apple store, or other local retailer?

What are your plans?

Sent using iCafe app

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

My plan is to head to either Walmart or Best Buy first thing tomorrow morning. I feel good about supplies, so not worried. It's supposed to storm tomorrow, so no way I'm doing any camping or line waiting.

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Feel free to send the storm our way. Tonight we will be having a very rare snowless Halloween here in Alaska.

Sent using iCafe app

4. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

I'm ordering online and arranging in store pickup. I'm in NYC metro so I have many stores I can choose from. I'm hoping to pickup from Manhasset which is in Nassau County Long Island. I will be up a little late tonight. :)

Sent using iCafe app

5. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Best Buy for me...want the 5% back in rewards. Gonna try online with store pickup first...then go to store. However, if there is a long line/not many in stock...I'm off to the Apple Store.

Sent using iCafe app