iPad Air random restarts

Discussion in 'iPad Air' started by ibrencent, Jan 11, 2014.

1. ibrencent

ibrencent Member
    Bronze

Since day one I've had this problem where my iPad suddenly goes to the white screen with black Apple logo. This happens no matter if I'm in an app or just on the home screen. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's an iOS 7 bug. It's called a crash or spontaneous reboot. I've had it happen multiple times on my phone, which was not jailbroken at the time. The fingerprint scanner caused it to happen frequently after I scanned my print. Deleting my stored prints and scanning them in again fixed that problem, but it did happen at other times as well. Update to 7.0.4 if you aren't there already. It may not completely resolve it, but it should help. Is your iPad jailbroken or stock?

3. bkford

bkford Member
    Bronze

Mine has been doing the same thing. It doesn't totally reboot, but goes to the white Apple/black screen and then to the lock screen. I have updated with every update possible at this point.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can tell the difference between a respring and a reboot because a respring doesn't require the passcode afterwards. Yours sounds like it's respringing. I've never had it happen on a stock device until 7.x (except when attempting to open Newsstand from within a folder on 5.x when a trick was used to get it in the folder).

5. bkford

bkford Member
    Bronze

Yes, it's a respring, then. I've owned iPad 2 and several iPhones in addition to this new iPad Air, also never had this happen until very recently.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Try resetting all settings. Mine stopped after I did that. I think I've only had once since, and that was a couple months ago.

7. bkford

bkford Member
    Bronze

Resetting all settings?

8. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

In the Settings app under General > Reset > Reset All Settings

9. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I've tried that. Still get the occasional respring, safari crash, etc. Both on my iPad Air and iPhone 5s.