iPad Air random restarts

ibrencent

Bronze
Oct 25, 2008
Palm Harbor, FL
Since day one I've had this problem where my iPad suddenly goes to the white screen with black Apple logo. This happens no matter if I'm in an app or just on the home screen. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's an iOS 7 bug. It's called a crash or spontaneous reboot. I've had it happen multiple times on my phone, which was not jailbroken at the time. The fingerprint scanner caused it to happen frequently after I scanned my print. Deleting my stored prints and scanning them in again fixed that problem, but it did happen at other times as well. Update to 7.0.4 if you aren't there already. It may not completely resolve it, but it should help. Is your iPad jailbroken or stock?

bkford

Bronze
Jul 30, 2009
MO
scrappermamo.blogspot.com
Mine has been doing the same thing. It doesn't totally reboot, but goes to the white Apple/black screen and then to the lock screen. I have updated with every update possible at this point.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Mine has been doing the same thing. It doesn't totally reboot, but goes to the white Apple/black screen and then to the lock screen. I have updated with every update possible at this point.
You can tell the difference between a respring and a reboot because a respring doesn't require the passcode afterwards. Yours sounds like it's respringing. I've never had it happen on a stock device until 7.x (except when attempting to open Newsstand from within a folder on 5.x when a trick was used to get it in the folder).

bkford

Bronze
Jul 30, 2009
MO
scrappermamo.blogspot.com
Yes, it's a respring, then. I've owned iPad 2 and several iPhones in addition to this new iPad Air, also never had this happen until very recently.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yes, it's a respring, then. I've owned iPad 2 and several iPhones in addition to this new iPad Air, also never had this happen until very recently.
Try resetting all settings. Mine stopped after I did that. I think I've only had once since, and that was a couple months ago.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I've tried that. Still get the occasional respring, safari crash, etc. Both on my iPad Air and iPhone 5s.