iPad Air Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPad Air' started by Jacob H., Oct 31, 2013.

1. Jacob H.

Jacob H. New Member

Debating on whether or not to get a screen protector for my iPad Air.
    I'm planning on getting ArmorSuit screen protector from Amazon. I have been using their products for my other devices, and they works great.

Is a screen protector necessary? Or should I just keep it naked?

Thanks for your help!

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

On the iPad, not so much. With iPhones, they find their way into my pocket, so more apt to come in contact with loose change, keys, etc. All pocket enemies of the iPhone. I'm not as concerned about the iPad.

I don't think it's necessary.

3. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Really depends on your usage. I sell my previous devices to upgrade. I also have two little girls that love to use my iPad both with an without my permission. ;) I use the InvisibleShield HD. Would love to go with a Bodyquardz Pure glass protector, but can't justify $70 on a screen protector.

UPDATE: Got the InvisibleShield HD from Zagg yesterday. It's on my Air and I'm happy I have it!

Sent using iCafe app

#3 Josh Yates, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  4. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I've never used a screen protector on my iPad. It's close to 2-years old and nothing has happened to the screen.

Sent from iPhone 5 using iCafe app

5. spankbot

spankbot Member
    Bronze

Screen protectors do little more than make your screen look fuzzy, they aren't worth the time or money.

6. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I would agree most do. However, the invisible shield HD does a GREAT job and you really can't tell it's there. The install has to be GOOD though. It takes patience, but it's a good one. Again, the best is the Bodyguardz Pure, IMO...but it's $80. LOVE it on my 5S.

Sent using iCafe app

7. Dana Basel

Dana Basel New Member

Even though Apple doesn't recommend it, I use screen protectors on all my iPads & iPhones. I recommend the I-Blason Matte Bubble-free. The matte finish doesn't show fingerprints and the bubble-free really is bubble-free. Some of the less expensive ones are very difficult to install correctly.
    Happy days!

8. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

When I was the proud owner of an iPad 3, I had a screen protector on it like I do all my iDevices. I used a SGP Full body Ultra Crystal screen protector and matte body protector.

I have been on the businesss end of some messed up scenarios that could have done irreparable damage to the screens on my iPhones, so for me it was a no brainer to have a screen protector for my iPad.

One day I’m sitting at my desk in my office at home and went to reach for something and a pair of super sharp scissors, that was in the pencil cup, decided it should be airborne and flipped end over end until the businesss end of the scissors hit the screen of my iPad 3. It felt like it was in slow motion and there was nothing I could do. I held my breath and watched as the scissor point tapped down hard on the iPad screen.

When it was done and the scissors completed its touch down on the screen and fell to the floor, the iPad screen was unblemished. No cracks, no shatters, no scratches. The only evidence that this even happened was an ugly divit left in the screen protector.

All I could think was, if I didn't have a screen protector on my iPad the screen would have surely been shattered. The scissors were razor sharp and very heavy. Not normal paper cutting scissors, more like weapons. In fact, I scolded myself thinking I shouldn't have them in the computer room anyway, they belong in the tool box. So no matter how strong the screen is supposed to be and resistant of scratches its purported as, I will always have an SGP (shameless plug!) screen and body protector on my iDevices.