IPad Air wifi not working

Discussion in 'iPad Air' started by bkford, Jul 10, 2017.

1. bkford

bkford Member
    Bronze

Everything else on my iPad is humming along great. We have four devices in our home (two iPhone 7's and two iPad Air's). All three of the other devices are connecting to our wifi well, and the speed test shows the download and upload speeds are right there with our capacity. However, my iPad Air doesn't have enough speed (or connection, or how ever I should say it) to even run the speed test most of the time. When it runs the test, the upload speed is like 0.01. I have turned off/on the iPad, I have closed out all open apps, I have deleted and reinstalled the Ookla Speed Test.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Reset the network settings on your iPad.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Next, connect to your WiFi network and input your password.

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Europa's solution is the right one and should correct your issue but keep in mind that as you encounter wifi networks you've connected to in the past, you will need to again input those passwords as well.

4. bkford

bkford Member
    Bronze

Okay, Europa's solution did work, but only briefly. I am only using my own home wifi network. It will seem to be doing fine, and then boom, not...by that I mean, molasses to connect to a web page, iMessages inconsistent about coming in on iPad (while zooming in on the iPhone)...have it set up correctly, I know, as I have used these devices with no problem for quite some time. The iPad Air simply will not hold a solid wifi connection (in lay terms, which would be the only terms I understand).

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Have you powered down your router & restarted it?
    I had an issue where my router did NOT like one of the devices on our wifi.rebooted the router and all was well.
    Without going into technical stuff on the router, I'd try a power cycle of it and see if that helps.