iPad baseband - help

I brought my iPhone from a friend. But when i brought my iPhone 3GS with the New Bootrom, it had the iPad Baseband, and is stuck on iOS 4.3.3, I really want to be able to update it when iOS 5 is released, but! I can't seem to find any-way to downgrade the baseband, even if it does lock me out of the phone, i'll find another way around it! Please someone help me.

Last edited by a moderator:

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
At this point in time your Baseband is locked.....your ability to upgrade to ios5.0 will not be a problem as long as you use a custom build firmware via Sn0wbreeze....(Pwnage tool for Mac)

Nayte92

May 9, 2011
I know that but I'm also having slight battery drain problems. :S I've done everything I can to stop it. But it's not doing much good. My battery will last 48 hours maximum on one full charge.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You cannot downgrade the baseband. Installing the iPad baseband is an irreversible process. If you don't require an unlock, uninstall ultrasn0w; doing so may improve battery life. I have a 3GS that is unlocked with ultrasn0w using a prepaid T-Mobile SIM card. The battery life on the 3GS declined quite a bit when I unlocked it. Not only is it worse than it was before I unlocked it, it's much, much worse than the battery life on my locked iPhone 4. You will be able to install iOS 5 by making custom firmware with a jailbreak tool.

Nayte92

May 9, 2011
I couldn't use ultrasn0w to unlock my phone. So iPad baseband was my only choice..
:(

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
I couldn't use ultrasn0w to unlock my phone. So iPad baseband was my only choice..
:(
I would advise anyone thinking of upgrading the baseband to iPad version to consider approaching your Service provider regarding paying for a "Factory Unlock".... This will be a long term permanent solution...

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I would advise anyone thinking of upgrading the baseband to iPad version to consider approaching your Service provider regarding paying for a "Factory Unlock".... This will be a long term permanent solution...
Not all carriers will do that. They won't do it in the US. Using the iPad's baseband is the easiest solution here.

Nayte92

May 9, 2011
Well it's too late for a factory unlock now.