iPad case with keyboard

Atieh

Dec 15, 2011
i'm going to get a keyboard for my ipad
anyone tried that? is it good? does it work fine with google doc?
i just want to type easier

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I've used a number of different wireless keyboards and keyboard cases. There are quite a few good ones around. Apple's own one is pricy but very good. There are good combo keyboard cases from ZAGG and Case-mate and others.

As for Google Docs, Yes - any of these keyboards will be usable in any app where you can enter text via the standard on-screen keyboard.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I have the Logitech metal keyboard by Zagg. I love it.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Atieh

Dec 15, 2011
i was gonna get the king of flash people recommend it im not sure
i'll look these too thanke u

laughjimbo

Bronze
Aug 2, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
i bought one off ebay that i use that i use and it is similar to the zagg but a lot cheaper, the keys are not the same design as the zagg but i have had no problems with it at all, took a little while to get used to typing on it but once i did get used to it i have loved using it ever since, plus it protects the screen of my my iPad when not in use.
hth

Nov 9, 2008
I've just bought the proper Zagg one for £39.99 ($63 approx) and very happy with it, need to get a back protector for it but for typing I much prefer using this than the virtual keyboard.

besweeet

Contributor
Silver
Jun 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX
briansweet.me

laughjimbo

Bronze
Aug 2, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
Iused to have one of those cheep knock off aluminium keyboards and it was great for the price but as besweet mentioned after a few seconds they keyboard would going into sleep mode and you would have to press any key and wait for it to come back on, very annoying when you are working on something to have this happen. I decided to buy a Zagg Folio Case with Bluetootrh Keyboard and i love it, mine is carbon fibre effect, i also put a carbon effect skin on my iPad as i ted it in my lorry as a Sat Nav with a screen holder. It all works great!

KeziaPurrs

Bronze
Mar 18, 2013
Houston, TX
I just got my Logitech keyboard today. I've been using it for about half an hour and typing on it almost as productively as I do on a full size......almost. I'ts for the mini, so very small. I recommend it for women or men with small fingers.

Sent from iPad Mini-Me using iCafe app

dkhmwilliams

Bronze
May 10, 2013
I have the Kensington Folio Pro 2. I really like it because the keys aren't in some crazy layout. I have had other keyboards where the layout was weird which made it difficult to type. Plus I like having a removable keyboard so I can adjust the screen angle.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet. My smokin hot iPhone 5.

Dipsxxy

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2010
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1394836980.001056.jpg

Bought me a iPad air keyboard case from amazon. Absolutely love it!

jkingrph

May 30, 2012
I just received a Clamcase for my iPad Air, and have not given it a real tryout yet. I like the way it fits, and keyboard feels good. The only color available was white, and honestly I think silver grey would have looked best. I do have a white iPad so it looks good, but I am thinking something darker would be more masculine
I found one problem, the Apple 2m charge cable is a little too large to fit the opening in the Clamcase. I remedied the problem with a few minutes and a very fine needle file, enlarging the opening.

Last edited:

BitGid

Feb 25, 2018
bitgid.com
I'm very satisfied with my JETech case.
Fits well & the magnet does it's job to wake up the iPad Pro.
I had the Apple Smart Cover at first & holding out thinking Apple would offer a back or a case.
Returned the Smart Cover once I received the the JETech.
For $13 it's worth it & not cheap quality.
I'd buy another one.