iPad continues to drop WiFi connection

Discussion in 'iPad 4' started by Kerry Kissinger, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Kerry Kissinger

Kerry Kissinger New Member

I have an iPad4, IOS 6.1.3, Model MD330LL/A, router is Linksys, EA3500

Problem - Watching Netflix, iPad drops WiFi on an irregular schedule. Sometimes in one minute, some times in 15 minuted, or some where inbetween. It regains a WiFi connection on an irregular basis - whenever it wants to but usually after a couple of minutes unless I do it manually. When I do it manually some times the network is discovered right away, sometimes it takes several tries.

I just started accessing Netflix and this problem has been there from day one.

Any ideas?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Power cycle the router (unplug it for a couple minutes), reset the network settings on the iPad (Setttings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings) and delete and reinstall the Netflix app.

3. bobbyriddle

bobbyriddle New Member

I had this same problem and it isn't Netflix. It's that my iPad 4 would connect with no problem to certain routers and the one I have in my house through Comcast it didn't like. I would go to work and have no issues there. At friends houses no issues either. I tried everything, resetting my network. Adjusting every channel and option in the router settings. Nothing worked! I went and bought a new router and it fixed the problem. I believe that Apple has to be aware that the iPad 4 doesn't like to work with certain routers and they should put out a list of them. I have an Android tablet and two iPhones in the house a 4 & 5s and they all would connect when my iPad 4 would have issues. I hope this helps you and saves you time going through all I went through to as love the problem. My new router is a D-Link with no issues.

4. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Have you updated your routers firmware?

#4 digitalcuriosity, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2015