iPad email problems

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Wllmsnjr, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Wllmsnjr

Wllmsnjr New Member

Hello. I am new to Apple, iPads and iPhone. I am also pretty inept, technology-wise. I have had iPhone since late 2011, and I can navigate around it pretty well. My wife got me an iPad 2 for my birthday, and things were working pretty well. I WAS getting all of my email on both devices; however, recently Inhave not been getting some emails on my iPad that I do get on the iPhone. I use a gmail account for my email, but was previously using a yahoo account that got hacked. I want to eventually switch solely to the gmail account! So a guy at the Apple store had me set up an exchange account on my iPad, and delete my gmail account. I don't understand this, but now my iPad has Exchange and Yahoo. I get some of my gmails on the Exchange, but not all of them. Any suggestions on what I should do?
    Thanks for any help.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I can tell you that Yahoo has had a lot of issues with receiving email automatically by Push without having to manually check for mail. In the recent weeks it has been fixed and now I receive all my mail by Push. Have you checked your mail settings and see what it is set for? Usually it's Push, and then "Every 15 minutes" if Push is not available.

I did find this for you that might assist you. http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/assistant/mail/

It's a mail assistant for troubleshooting. You can begin there and see if that helps you with any issues setting up mail.

3. PapaST

PapaST Member
    Bronze

Knowing which emails you do get would help troubleshoot the problem. As I remember it, Exchange accounts are set to sync with a server and basically display what you have in your mailbox (that resides on the server). Essentially the emails never "leave" the server, they just sit there and your iPad just displays what is there. Your iPhone which I'm assuming also has the gmail account (most likely SMTP) is set to download the messages via the push/fetch setting you have configured. So the problem might be that if/when your iPhone checks mail it downloads the message and your iPad which is set to display whatever messages reside on the Exchange server never "sees" the email because it was downloaded by another client (your iPhone). I'm just taking a wild guess since I'm not sure what messages you are and aren't getting.

Do you ever notice that you are seeing a message on your iPad and then once your iPhone calls down the message your iPad is no longer able to display it?

4. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Something with yahoo and technology lol...my blackberry, iPhone 3G, iPhone4, epic 4g, droidx2, and razr maxx don't play well with it.

Decided it wasn't worth the attempts on my iPad lol.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I had the same issue with Yahoo mail on my iPhone 4 not being pushed to the phone. Actually, in the last few weeks, it's much better now.