iPad for work?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Workoutninja

Bronze
Jan 2, 2010
Anyone use their iPad for work? How is it with working on excel and word? I go to a lot of meetings and don't want to carry my laptop around so have been looking at alternatives.

Thanks

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
No problems here. I use Doc to Go Pro for Powerpoint, Word and Excel on my iPhone and iPad2 with Dropbox to keep everything in sync. There are also a couple of good note taking apps (Penultimate and Note Taker HD) to keep notes and annotate PDF files.

mbairguy

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 8, 2012
Birmingham, AL
My biggest issue was proprietary sw (mfg sizing programs) that have no solution to run. I signed up with GoToMyPC. Now interface with my desktop lets me run anything from my iPad. There are a host of free and low cost apps to do this as well. I am one of the believers that MS Office for iOS will be available at some point.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
No problems here. I use Doc to Go Pro for Powerpoint, Word and Excel on my iPhone and iPad2 with Dropbox to keep everything in sync. There are also a couple of good note taking apps (Penultimate and Note Taker HD) to keep notes and annotate PDF files.
+1. I do the exact same setup. I am leaning towards noteability however.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
+1. I do the exact same setup. I am leaning towards noteability however.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app
I'm in grad school and notability is awesome for taking notes on pdfs, power points, etc. Plus it has built in syncing with Dropbox so everything stays up to date.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Anyone use their iPad for work? How is it with working on excel and word? I go to a lot of meetings and don't want to carry my laptop around so have been looking at alternatives.
I recommend "CloudOn" for Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). It allows for the creation and editing of these docs. It also preserves more formatting the most of the other similar apps.

For note taking in meetings, I recommend "Note Taker HD". It supports drawing (finger or stylus), typing, copying from a web page (text and images), shapes, etc.

Links:
http://www.cloudon.com
http://www.dropbox.com
http://www.notetakerhd.com

Sent from my iPad 3

Samia Lee

May 15, 2012
I often use my iPad at work especially for meetings.
I used as note taking application EverNote and then Awesome Note for a long time and their ability to sync but both had a disadvantage ; the lack of features to accommodate tasks, to-do and make monitoring.
So, I was seeking an alternative application to save time for my meeting. I have almost tested all the apps on Notes/ ToDo on the Appstore and I must admit I am still surprised they do not fit with a pro use. I have just discovered Beesy, an note taking and management app ToDo which apparently include taking notes with a businesss way. I have tried for several days and until now i'm really satisfied by Beesy. It's really efficient and maybe the only disadavantage is you need time to use it efficiently. I guess this App really deserve we spend a little bit time to understand it

I love shortcuts of Beesy's icons in order to use it quicky and easily add notes. Also, the advantage is to submit easily by email minutes about my different meeting
If you are interested you can google "Beesy" of go to the application's website

Best,

Samia;)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I often use my iPad at work especially for meetings.
I used as note taking application EverNote and then Awesome Note for a long time and their ability to sync but both had a disadvantage ; the lack of features to accommodate tasks, to-do and make monitoring.
So, I was seeking an alternative application to save time for my meeting. I have almost tested all the apps on Notes/ ToDo on the Appstore and I must admit I am still surprised they do not fit with a pro use. I have just discovered Beesy, an note taking and management app ToDo which apparently include taking notes with a businesss way. I have tried for several days and until now i'm really satisfied by Beesy. It's really efficient and maybe the only disadavantage is you need time to use it efficiently. I guess this App really deserve we spend a little bit time to understand it

I love shortcuts of Beesy's icons in order to use it quicky and easily add notes. Also, the advantage is to submit easily by email minutes about my different meeting
If you are interested you can google "Beesy" of go to the application's website *************

Best,

Samia;)

It's disingenuous to misrepresent yourself as a consumer, when you have a direct affiliation with said company described in your post.