iPad for work?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Workoutninja, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Workoutninja

Workoutninja Member
    Bronze

Anyone use their iPad for work? How is it with working on excel and word? I go to a lot of meetings and don't want to carry my laptop around so have been looking at alternatives.

Thanks

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Works quite well. Even better with a Bluetooth keyboard.

3. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

No problems here. I use Doc to Go Pro for Powerpoint, Word and Excel on my iPhone and iPad2 with Dropbox to keep everything in sync. There are also a couple of good note taking apps (Penultimate and Note Taker HD) to keep notes and annotate PDF files.

4. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I would say that the iPad does the work exceptionally well. However, if you're going to be doing a lot of typing...get a Bluetooth keyboard. You won't be sorry.

5. mbairguy

mbairguy Contributor
    Bronze

My biggest issue was proprietary sw (mfg sizing programs) that have no solution to run. I signed up with GoToMyPC. Now interface with my desktop lets me run anything from my iPad. There are a host of free and low cost apps to do this as well. I am one of the believers that MS Office for iOS will be available at some point.

6. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

+1. I do the exact same setup. I am leaning towards noteability however.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

7. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I'm in grad school and notability is awesome for taking notes on pdfs, power points, etc. Plus it has built in syncing with Dropbox so everything stays up to date.

8. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

You're right. Not only does it have syncing. It has auto syncing. Thanks reminding me.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

9. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

I recommend "CloudOn" for Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). It allows for the creation and editing of these docs. It also preserves more formatting the most of the other similar apps.

For note taking in meetings, I recommend "Note Taker HD". It supports drawing (finger or stylus), typing, copying from a web page (text and images), shapes, etc.

Links:
    http://www.cloudon.com
    http://www.dropbox.com
    http://www.notetakerhd.com

Sent from my iPad 3

10. Samia Lee

Samia Lee New Member

I often use my iPad at work especially for meetings.
    I used as note taking application EverNote and then Awesome Note for a long time and their ability to sync but both had a disadvantage ; the lack of features to accommodate tasks, to-do and make monitoring.
    So, I was seeking an alternative application to save time for my meeting. I have almost tested all the apps on Notes/ ToDo on the Appstore and I must admit I am still surprised they do not fit with a pro use. I have just discovered Beesy, an note taking and management app ToDo which apparently include taking notes with a businesss way. I have tried for several days and until now i'm really satisfied by Beesy. It's really efficient and maybe the only disadavantage is you need time to use it efficiently. I guess this App really deserve we spend a little bit time to understand it

I love shortcuts of Beesy's icons in order to use it quicky and easily add notes. Also, the advantage is to submit easily by email minutes about my different meeting
    If you are interested you can google "Beesy" of go to the application's website

Best,

Samia;)

11. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

It's disingenuous to misrepresent yourself as a consumer, when you have a direct affiliation with said company described in your post.