iPad has been ordered!

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I got mine preordered. Yay!

The only thing that concerns me is that there was no “Pickup at store” option for shipping. They did say the delivery date would be April 3 though.

Can’t wait! :eek:k:eek:k

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
There was a reserve option for you to reserve one at the store. That was the "pickup at store" option...then you just pay for it at the store.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I must have missed the Reserve option, I only saw 2 shipping choices…Free or Standard for $14.

Anyway, I’m good with the free delivery on the 3rd. It’ll save me some gas :)

jxh11215

Mar 13, 2009
I reserved one for in-store pick-up. I figure I'll get the $499 wifi only model for a few reasons.
1. Its the 1st gen and I don't want to spend more money on a device that if I like it, I'll be upgrading next? year.
2. See #1 - this one will get passed to my hubby when I get a new one.
3. I plan on using it like a big, phoneless iPhone, if I need 3G, I'll use my iPhone
4. I think I may prefer the HP Slate if the lack of flash becomes bothersome--I'm always on Facebook
5. I'm already in negotiations with the hubby to get a new HD Tv AND a Wii. I'm getting the hairy eyeball on the tech spending.

Wiggo

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Memphis
Apparently there were a lot of orders this morning. My email confirmation took over 2 hours to arrive (usually it's less than 2 minutes).